Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering how the OEM Tesla rubber mats $145 (Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats) compare to the Maxpider $205 (MAXpider All-Weather Custom Fit Front and Rear Seats, Frunk and Trunk Floor Liners for Model 3. . . Rear Trunk Liner is IN STOCK NOW. – ForMyTesla.com) mats? I think I like the look of the Tesla mats, more minimalistic. Do they stay in place well? There don't appear to be hooks on the floor to hold mats in place.

I purchased the Tesla mats. They stay in place and go up the sides, so nothing sneaks underneath the mats.

I fitted these ones from Diamond Car Mats, very nice and full coverage.
Weather is not always wet in UK so they don't get ruined, and wipe clean really easily.

Attachments

• 20200613_133901267_iOS.jpg
    20200613_133901267_iOS.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 20200613_133919089_iOS.jpg
    20200613_133919089_iOS.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 20200613_133936114_iOS.jpg
    20200613_133936114_iOS.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 216
Didn't see the following already recommended - I followed all the videos and youtuber recommendations for 3d max spider floor mats but felt the cost was a little high - settled on TOPlight Floor mats (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VHNC7YN/) for $110 and couldn't be happier - still say it was my best addition to my car.

Perfect fit and incredible price and look great with my "Matrix Black" Dashboard and center console - so easy to clean - just take the mats out and shoot them with a hose - don't have issue with mud getting stuck inbetween pattern

Last edited by a moderator:
Is yours a 2020 Model 3 LR AWD? That's the specific model where it specifically states they don't fit... I did see from one other post (I think on Amazon) that the reviewer bought them for this model, and they DID fit fine.... But I'm assuming there must be some reason the company is specifically calling this out for that model being an issue!

Is yours a 2020 Model 3 LR AWD? That's the specific model where it specifically states they don't fit... I did see from one other post (I think on Amazon) that the reviewer bought them for this model, and they DID fit fine.... But I'm assuming there must be some reason the company is specifically calling this out for that model being an issue!

It was stated during the workshop everyone getting a model 3 2as getting the 2020 version, thus Gen 3 hardware, no frunk grocery clips. Autopilot visualization. I'm not entirely sure if that confirms other than what they said and getting it in Dec 2019.

I got the Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats from Teslas website. They're $145 compared to $195 for Teslas other model 3 floor mats. The only difference is the more expensive ones have a taller vertical lining to catch liquids.

Have you had any regrets about not getting the ones with the taller edges? I'm thinking about buying directly from Tesla instead of getting some other brand for slightly cheaper.

I'm very disappointed by the Tesla All Weather Floor mat for the driver not having anything in place for where the left foot goes?? How is that supposed to protect the car? I have to remove the original floor mat so now there is nothing to protect the carpet from my left shoe??

Does anybody understand that logic?

Last edited:
More info about he SUMK mats: I believe that the "sticky" stuff was an uncured residue from the finishing product that was used on the top side of the mats. I tried to remove the sticky residue with soap and water - to no avail. The fit was great for my Sep 2020 M3 - I did not mind the slight gap between the mats and the back seat rails. The vendor said they'd never had this issue and suggested sending a replacement without me sending the ones I have back.

I ordered the SUMK mats from Amazon. They look great, the fit is great and they do not have a strong smell. However, strangely, they are very very sticky - feel like uncured glue. They remain sticky even after I wiped them. I think they're going back to Amazon - seems like a dirt trap to me...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VBDML98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got the SUMK mats from Amazon and I've got the same issue with the sticky feel. I've emailed the vendor on Saturday, hope to hear back tomorrow. I've installed them anyway.