Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, they advertised it for late 2020 and 2021. But I've slowly adjusted it forward and back, and it's always a bit off. Maybe not immediately noticeable to most people, but there always seems to be some space underneath, and/or a slight crease on the left where it bends up.

Has anyone seen the Tesla ones? I'm tempted to just order from them. $195, but they don't specify a year. Is their style universal, perhaps?

The Tesla ones are made by Weathertech. Unsure if it’s for 2021 since they didn’t say. I bought them but never put them in the car. Since I bought the 3D Maxpider, I returned the Tesla ones.

There are a ton of posts on fb group about this. Apparently it’s an issue on Tesla’s end and the passenger side of the center console is not clipped together correctly. People have reported being able to push the console in place and they fit perfectly after that.

There are a ton of posts on fb group about this. Apparently it’s an issue on Tesla’s end and the passenger side of the center console is not clipped together correctly. People have reported being able to push the console in place and they fit perfectly after that.
Can’t say I’ve seen anything like that on FB, or that I go on fb that often.

can you explain what you’re referring to? My center console doesn’t seem loose or like anything is not clipped in

I'm pretty confused. I have not seen anything saying the Maxpiders are not made yet. Nothing on their website at the bottom of any page. Their website only says "SOLD OUT RESTOCKING". This seems to me like they did have it, but ran out and are waiting for more.

I'm really wondering where some of the information here is coming from.

So what the heck changed on 2021s??? Did Tesla made them narrower? First, the roof sun-shields don't fit by about 1/2", so can't buy them. And now the floor mats don't fit either? My LR came with floor mats, and they don't fit perfectly, but they're not 1/2" off; maybe 1/8", so I forced the mats into place, and they look fine. I also was unaware the frunk changed in August, and then again with 2021s; interesting. At least the new frunks are starting to come out, but I need badly roof glass protection, so hope Tesla comes out with redesigned sun-shields. The most frustrating part is if you don't read forums like this, you'd buy them and find out they don't fit, since Tesla doesn't say they don't fit 2021s on their website.

I sent a video of the issue to RPMTesla. Here is the response I received.

“Thank you so much for the videos. I was able to speak with one of our associates here today and they also have the floor mats installed on there 2019 Model 3 and have installed on a 2021 model. They all have similar fitment and adjustments just like you showed in the video. The fit is extremely snug and requires a bit of compression, but they fit just like that for all models. He just told me that if you are able to adjust it more to the left and press on the crease it will mold better over time. Also, He mentioned that if you are able to place it in the sunlight, or in a heated area and then try applying it will fit better. Otherwise, you are welcome to ship it back for a refund. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.”

I will try their suggestions but I never had to do any of this with previous 3D mats in my older 3 and Y.

Can anyone point me to a link or a YouTube about how to black out the emblems on the Maxpider floor mats?
One guy on Reddit posted this picture of his, using a Sharpie to black them out: imgur.com

Somewhere in my searches, I saw a a store selling some sort of black stickers to go over them, but I don't remember which one it was. I might try to carefully paint them with a black primer, and then a rugged paint like for engines or something. Perhaps I'll try making a template and use spray paint.

I sent a video of the issue to RPMTesla. Here is the response I received.

“Thank you so much for the videos. I was able to speak with one of our associates here today and they also have the floor mats installed on there 2019 Model 3 and have installed on a 2021 model. They all have similar fitment and adjustments just like you showed in the video. The fit is extremely snug and requires a bit of compression, but they fit just like that for all models. He just told me that if you are able to adjust it more to the left and press on the crease it will mold better over time. Also, He mentioned that if you are able to place it in the sunlight, or in a heated area and then try applying it will fit better. Otherwise, you are welcome to ship it back for a refund. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.”

I will try their suggestions but I never had to do any of this with previous 3D mats in my older 3 and Y.
That sounds like a load of crap. I have never had to do such a thing with my 2019 nor on the model Y. Sounds like they want you to run the clock on return date periods then your stuck with it.

That sounds like a load of crap. I have never had to do such a thing with my 2019 nor on the model Y. Sounds like they want you to run the clock on return date periods then your stuck with it.
Agreed. I had the 3D mats in my 2019 model 3 and 2020 Model Y. There was no form fitting or extra steps required. Theyre floor mats, its not that complicated.

I have already processed the return. I have to pay for the return shipping which sucks considering its due to a product defect, but such is life. Ill just buy the all weather mats from Tesla.

These are black with blue cocomats in my 2020 M3P:

0AA0E74F-298A-4787-B44E-E78A3EAE2527.jpeg
D4A8B37C-672C-4B27-8A22-59C0B21BB501.jpeg
7EAE28D8-6F99-47EB-B837-7140FA960D93.jpeg