Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought the Tesla branded ones made by Weathertech. I had the Maxpider ones in my WRX, and the Weathertech ones in my wife's Outback. I liked the Weathertech ones better, and liked the idea of not having their logo on the mats, so the the Tesla ones worked out great.

My only complaint is that the front left mat doesn't go high enough up the foot rest. Might install a foot rest pedal there. Pay no attention to my hobbit foot.
1D9F831E-0805-4AAC-BE23-33C9A0AD0C12.jpeg

Bought the Tesla branded ones made by Weathertech. I had the Maxpider ones in my WRX, and the Weathertech ones in my wife's Outback. I liked the Weathertech ones better, and liked the idea of not having their logo on the mats, so the the Tesla ones worked out great.

My only complaint is that the front left mat doesn't go high enough up the foot rest. Might install a foot rest pedal there. Pay no attention to my hobbit foot.
View attachment 636518

What is the material feel of the Tesla branded mats? Does it feel like a slick plastic or does it have more of a rubber feel to it?

What is the material feel of the Tesla branded mats? Does it feel like a slick plastic or does it have more of a rubber feel to it?
Definitely more of a rubbery feel. A bit grippy. I will say, however, that because of the shape of the front of the car, any water in the mats, pools in one area. I had snow on my shoes, it came off, melted, and when I got back in the car, it was all in one spot near where my left foot would rest. Guess that's actually a good thing, as the mats are working.

Had one of those and no longer use it. Turns out I use the dead pedal more than I thought and with these mats I had zero protection there.
The dead pedal cover provided a nice gutter for water to flow down into the carpet. Hoping 3D maxpider comes out with a 2021 updated mat. soon. The 2020 mats do not fit right on the 2021, particular the passenger seat.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
  • Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX
I noticed the same thing, picked up one of these (matched my performance pedals) to protect that area too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T9834GR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tim
I just ordered one of those. Question for you, did you install it over the mat (that's what I planned on doing), or under the mat, so the top sticks out a bit. I was thinking of putting velcro on the top to stick to the carpet, and put some on the mat as well, so it sticks there.

I just ordered one of those. Question for you, did you install it over the mat (that's what I planned on doing), or under the mat, so the top sticks out a bit. I was thinking of putting velcro on the top to stick to the carpet, and put some on the mat as well, so it sticks there.

Under the mat, so it protects the carpet that's left unprotected by the Tesla floor liners.

I removed the tape (was easy) and replaced with velcro. Not planning to put any tape or velcro between the dead pedal and mat, figure the notch in the mat will help hold everything in place.

I may swap out for carpet mats here and there, but the dead pedal will stay put.

TIm

I don't think that dead pedal would attach properly to a 2021 M3, which DO NOT have a plastic dead pedal. It's just carpet, hence having extended coverage there on the stock floor mats. I just installed M3P pedals, but will leave alone the dead one, since I like the floor mat covering it.

I don't think that dead pedal would attach properly to a 2021 M3, which DO NOT have a plastic dead pedal. It's just carpet, hence having extended coverage there on the stock floor mats. I just installed M3P pedals, but will leave alone the dead one, since I like the floor mat covering it.

Right, that’s why I removed the tape (was easy) and replaced with velcro. the mats only cover the bottom of the dead pedal.

Tim

Reactions: NpOverspeed
After 4 sets of various models of weathertech mats over my car and truck years, I tried these for my new Tesla 3 at a cost off half what weathertech was advertising and these have Tesla 3 embossed not a weathertech logo. Awesome quality and they sit right up on your left foot no need to install a separate foot piece.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08C9GXBLV

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: futuret
Hey, new to the thread, noticed a lot of you in the past couple months having problems with floor mat fit in 2021 models. We are a floormat company as well and I can tell you the 2021s have a different sizing in the cabin, not enough to be noticeable or effect the comfort of the driver and passenger, but it is worth noting the front passenger side will not work with many of the Model 3 aftermarket mats, specifically the molded thermoplastic ones.

The aftermarket is almost caught up, takes some time to get the custom fit just right but it's worth the wait so you don't end up with a creased or ill-fitting mat. We are getting ours in for quality and fit check soon, if you'd like to be updated feel fee to send me a message or reply here!

Reactions: futuret
Hey, new to the thread, noticed a lot of you in the past couple months having problems with floor mat fit in 2021 models. We are a floormat company as well and I can tell you the 2021s have a different sizing in the cabin, not enough to be noticeable or effect the comfort of the driver and passenger, but it is worth noting the front passenger side will not work with many of the Model 3 aftermarket mats, specifically the molded thermoplastic ones.

The aftermarket is almost caught up, takes some time to get the custom fit just right but it's worth the wait so you don't end up with a creased or ill-fitting mat. We are getting ours in for quality and fit check soon, if you'd like to be updated feel fee to send me a message or reply here!

Pre-ordered the 2021 model 3 mats from you guys on the premise that they'll fit perfectly. Some real life pictures would be great.

Reactions: tshields and Ron_M3