Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, @tshields/@TShieldDesigns, for the uber-detailed email update on my mats! Transparency should soothe the savage (consumer) beast in us all.
I read through some of the other posts where the TShield guys are active and while I do appreciate the updates and detailed info, if it were my company I would be leaving some of that info out. I don't need to know the drama of the inner-workings of the company, I just want my floor mats that I thought I would have before I received my car.

I think he hit the nail on the head in another post, they over-promised and under-delivered. If I would have known I'd have to wait so long I probably would have chosen another option.

While I am a purchaser of their mats, I am not an *owner* .. yet. ;) As I have followed the saga and interacted with them, both directly as a customer and here as a member, I would characterize it as they have had a minor freakout with what had had the rumblings of bad social media. In trying to get out in front of this, they have over-shared the sausage making. I ship wood flooring all the time and trucking has become a friggin' nightmare. And ocean shipping is in an entirely different ... league. Double entendre intended.

I am of the opinion that all of this is well-intentioned and, while it makes me wince to see what they are going through, it only makes me want to support them more.

Jeff

While I am a purchaser of their mats, I am not an *owner* .. yet. ;) As I have followed the saga and interacted with them, both directly as a customer and here as a member, I would characterize it as they have had a minor freakout with what had had the rumblings of bad social media. In trying to get out in front of this, they have over-shared the sausage making. I ship wood flooring all the time and trucking has become a friggin' nightmare. And ocean shipping is in an entirely different ... league. Double entendre intended.

I am of the opinion that all of this is well-intentioned and, while it makes me wince to see what they are going through, it only makes me want to support them more.

Jeff
Oh yeah it was quite a surprise to come on to this site and see some of the promises that were made with good intentions in a "data vacuum". I'm not a sales guy and I don't like to sugar coat stuff, especially when other people's money is on the line. I figured if I was a customer for TS, how would I want to be kept in the loop? That's why I signed up and started posting.

I'm here to make a product that sells itself and have a business with a solid reputation that allows me to focus on doing that. Angry customers and negative publicity sheerly due to poor communication regarding the risk, reward and timescales of buying from us via the pre-order model is definitely not conducive to that. We owe you guys a lot for giving us the financial support needed to accomplish this feat. Now we're at the final stretch and I have high confidence that people are going to be very happy with what they pre ordered and at a pretty solid price. That's all that matters!

Oh yeah it was quite a surprise to come on to this site and see some of the promises that were made with good intentions in a "data vacuum". I'm not a sales guy and I don't like to sugar coat stuff, especially when other people's money is on the line. I figured if I was a customer for TS, how would I want to be kept in the loop? That's why I signed up and started posting.

I'm here to make a product that sells itself and have a business with a solid reputation that allows me to focus on doing that. Angry customers and negative publicity sheerly due to poor communication regarding the risk, reward and timescales of buying from us via the pre-order model is definitely not conducive to that. We owe you guys a lot for giving us the financial support needed to accomplish this feat. Now we're at the final stretch and I have high confidence that people are going to be very happy with what they pre ordered and at a pretty solid price. That's all that matters!

You’ve done great in my opinion. No concerns here and I’m content that the mats will be here soon enough. Appreciate all the communication.

Reactions: TShieldDesigns
The problem I have is that the TShields products were basically Kickstarter projects, but were advertised as finished goods. I've done Kickstarter purchases before, with the full knowledge that the money goes to fund the development with the reward being the product. I also don't expect immediate delivery either. That wasn't what I bought here. I thought I was buying something already manufactured on its way, over 3 months ago, and in the meantime I'd have bought something else and had my floors protected. Hell, when I put the deposit down on the M3 I didn't expect it would take 3 months and in fact it took only 3 weeks.

Reactions: temptingtime
@Zacster, can you point me to the promotional material that presented the goods as already manufactured when you ordered?
If you go to the non-preorder page on their website, there is a small note that says "In Stock". The "In Stock" note may have also been on the page when I ordered the mats back in March.

OTOH, as someone has been waiting for the mats since March, I understand the position TeslaShield is in and appreciate their openness on some of the problems they have run into in the process of getting great-fitting mats for the 2021 Model 3 out the door. That's the reason why I have been waiting rather than cancelling my order. Well, that and the fact that I can't live with the logo on the Maxspider mats... :)

Reactions: Eddie509
@Zacster, can you point me to the promotional material that presented the goods as already manufactured when you ordered?
While it was "pre-order" the date was late April/early May.
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 7.30.35 PM.png

That is what the website says now and I still don't have mine from a March order. Yea, I understand it is just 2 guys doing this, and I'm so far still waiting not cancelling my order. I get it. But they really need to set expectations. I still have my trunk liner order with them too.

After knowing what I know now, if I were beginning to search for mats I would be just as happy that I found them amongst all of the vendors as I was when I ordered 6/15. That said, I must admit that my anxiety level has been elevated a bit by the fuss. Human nature I guess.
I understand your point. Initially I picked up a set of the Tesla all-weather floor liners, but didn't like the fit on the front passenger mat and the fact that it didn't cover the whole dead-pedal area. One set I liked was the new Tesmanian mats.

While it was "pre-order" the date was late April/early May.View attachment 677798

That is what the website says now and I still don't have mine from a March order. Yea, I understand it is just 2 guys doing this, and I'm so far still waiting not cancelling my order. I get it. But they really need to set expectations. I still have my trunk liner order with them too.
I am not the guy doing the website, but I think I know what this is about.
The pre-order "remaining stock" is just our apparently poor attempt at limiting pre-order phase purchase quantities so that we can streamline the process a bit more. Instead of an open-ended pre-order where we don't really know how many units will be bought in the timeframe we set, we instead offered something like 200 units for wave 2 preorder and after that you can buy at elevated pricing or retail when they arrive at our warehouse for that wave.

Not sure this has been translating well to the customers at all... but that's what it should mean.

I am not the guy doing the website, but I think I know what this is about.
The pre-order "remaining stock" is just our apparently poor attempt at limiting pre-order phase purchase quantities so that we can streamline the process a bit more. Instead of an open-ended pre-order where we don't really know how many units will be bought in the timeframe we set, we instead offered something like 200 units for wave 2 preorder and after that you can buy at elevated pricing or retail when they arrive at our warehouse for that wave.

Not sure this has been translating well to the customers at all... but that's what it should mean.
I would say what you just said contradicts what you are selling currently. I paid full retail -$169.99 and have waited a month and a half and they haven't even hit your warehouse yet.

I get the pricing structure, it makes sense and if you want to wait then you get a good discount, however I shouldn't pay full price AND have to wait.

I purchased even though I knew there would be a wait, but now that wait is way longer than I was expected to believe.

Like the others I'm still willing to wait, I think we just want you guys to tighten up operations and make sure communication is clear,l and concise.

• Helpful
Reactions: TShieldDesigns
I would say what you just said contradicts what you are selling currently. I paid full retail -$169.99 and have waited a month and a half and they haven't even hit your warehouse yet.

I get the pricing structure, it makes sense and if you want to wait then you get a good discount, however I shouldn't pay full price AND have to wait.

I purchased even though I knew there would be a wait, but now that wait is way longer than I was expected to believe.

Like the others I'm still willing to wait, I think we just want you guys to tighten up operations and make sure communication is clear,l and concise.
Yeah that shouldn't have happened. I had made it a point to make a discount system where the price gradually rises to retail through declining timed discounts. Not sure what progress has been made, if any on that. Maybe it can't be done and we should just turn off retail orders until the week of arrival or something, I haven't had input from the people doing the site.

Send me an email and I'll get your order adjusted to accurately reflect your wait time.

I'm going to say you should have paid around $120 for your wait since that would have been around the time the production finished.

There is definitely a lot to be desired with the website experience and order/pricing system.

Now that the mats are in the country and logistical issues aren't eating all my attention, I can shift some of my focus on getting the website systems and customer experience to a satisfactory level. I thought this was being handled better but it apparently also needs my direct intervention.

I'm going to dig through it over the weekend and see what needs to be done. As always, feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have issues you want to bring to my immediate attention.

Reactions: temptingtime

Attachments

• 68F8FD1B-5487-4D59-B4E9-C0BFC7C2C3A8.jpeg
    68F8FD1B-5487-4D59-B4E9-C0BFC7C2C3A8.jpeg
    609.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 3410553C-E761-4582-9BEF-557F4DF9656C.jpeg
    3410553C-E761-4582-9BEF-557F4DF9656C.jpeg
    980.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 831A935D-4D87-4714-ACE8-7A4DEDC6C409.jpeg
    831A935D-4D87-4714-ACE8-7A4DEDC6C409.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 50AAD5C6-17B1-4D20-9BA3-C06B069DF191.jpeg