Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Shields Update: I pre-ordered mats back in July. Ordered both the 2021 trunk/frunk as well as the interior mats. As most people know the trunks and frunk batches came out quicker and I'm very pleased with them. They're thick and look high-end in terms of form and function without any branding which is important to me.

Per the interior mats that everyone is waiting on, there seems to be a logistical problem on the warehouse side after all the logistical issues on the shipping side. I was told that they're working tirelessly to work it all out but if the mats are as good as the ones I've already received, it'll be worth the wait if it takes a couple more weeks even. For me, I really want them before the weather gets really gross which is inevitably soon.

What stood out to me so far is the service. I called the support line on the site and while he didn't answer, called me back within 5 minutes. He didn't want me to continue without mats and we worked something out for me to get some older ones while they figure out whatever is going on with the 2021 batch. I really appreciate the level of service here and ultimately this is a small business and these things are going to happen. We could all show some empathy while they work on all the woes that the global economy is experiencing.

Overall, love the trunk/frunk mats, they fit well and feel sturdy and I like the lip around the sides. Looking forward to the interior mats where those lips look to go even higher in the car. Kudos.

Here is a comparison of tesmanian/Tesla mats vs ours:
Tesmanian mats do not say tesla on them like the ones imaged above. At least mine do not. That waviness must be freshly installed out of a pack too. I believe i commented before - do you have a side by side image of the drivers one? The dead pedal on tesmanian is covered almost entirely and well high on the sides.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-161538_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-161538_Gallery.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20211116-161533_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-161533_Gallery.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 195
CE1935FD-74EA-4F57-90B8-9DBB9A461DDC.jpeg
Tesmanian mats do not say tesla on them like the ones imaged above. At least mine do not. That waviness must be freshly installed out of a pack too. I believe i commented before - do you have a side by side image of the drivers one? The dead pedal on tesmanian is covered almost entirely and well high on the sides.
Our mats are our own custom mold and have three layers, tpe with a carbon embossed pattern on top to eliminate slippage from feet and mat, xpe foam to provide comfort and to dampen road noise, xpe grip anchors on the back to eliminate slippage from mat and under carpet. Our mat and mat style is more than double the thickness and cost (yet the same price as us) compared to tesmanian and their style of mats. Also we have a lifetime warranty and free replacements for life

Tesmanian/style mats: Single layer xpe injection mold.

Nuff said.

Last edited:
Our mats are our own custom mold and have three layers, tpe with a carbon embossed pattern on top to eliminate slippage from feet and mat, xpe foam to provide comfort and to dampen road noise, xpe grip anchors on the back to eliminate slippage from mat and under carpet. Our mat and mat style is more than double the thickness and cost (yet the same price as us) compared to tesmanian and their style of mats. Also we have a lifetime warranty and free replacements for life

Tesmanian/style mats: Single layer xpe injection mold.

Nuff said.

To each their own. I prefer clean continuous profile compared to textured.
Rubber continuous profile is easier to clean.
We understand hard plastics can be slippery, but tesmanian is softer/grippier than some of the old stiff weathertech style. Softer allowing for 'less' (I agree still some) slipping.
Also, less layers/textures means less opportunities to catch debris and hold it.

I do not think the mat thickness counts for maybe 1dB of sound deadening, even if that, it is imperceivable. These vehicles have higher winder noise from what I presume is all the glass panels and windows, not the well isolated floor boards (think battery and plastic shielding).

Wonder why Tesla went with a style that mimics weathertechs floor mats (I think weathertech makes Tesla's mats?), just like they went with brembo for brakes, just like they went for a similar bang and olufsen sound system. Do it once do it right.

However, I am glad there are so many companies and people interested in purchasing and creating aftermarket offerings. Gives all of us less than imaginative people a good opportunity to find different tastes of accessories.

After ordering Tesla Shield floor mats and trunk/frunk mats way back in August I finally received the products. Here is my assessment of the company and the products:

Company: good website, good pricing. Poor communication. While it was stated on the web site that the products were delayed in shipping from China and Tesla Shields did post updates to the status, it was often a case of over promising and under delivering. Then after the products hit the states...crickets. I finally called and left a message. Jason was quick to respond and expedited my orders to his credit. However it just shouldn't have to get to that point. A proactive approach to keep customers in the loop with honest and true time frames for delivery would have been the right move. I understand that this is a small startup business and many of the supply and shipping delays were part of our current environment. Perhaps it was due to inexperience. I hope they have learned their lesson going forward. It's better to lose an order then to string a customer along. I'm rooting for these guys.

Product: The mats and liners are fantastic. Quality material, excellent fit and finish and gorgeous to look at. There is a nice snug fit to both the mats and the liners. No wiggling around, no uncovered areas. They enhance the the interior of the car. I've already gotten compliments on the floor mats. When does that ever happen? I would recommend these mats and liners to any Tesla owner.

Reactions: Silvermike
After ordering Tesla Shield floor mats and trunk/frunk mats way back in August I finally received the products. Here is my assessment of the company and the products:

Company: good website, good pricing. Poor communication. While it was stated on the web site that the products were delayed in shipping from China and Tesla Shields did post updates to the status, it was often a case of over promising and under delivering. Then after the products hit the states...crickets. I finally called and left a message. Jason was quick to respond and expedited my orders to his credit. However it just shouldn't have to get to that point. A proactive approach to keep customers in the loop with honest and true time frames for delivery would have been the right move. I understand that this is a small startup business and many of the supply and shipping delays were part of our current environment. Perhaps it was due to inexperience. I hope they have learned their lesson going forward. It's better to lose an order then to string a customer along. I'm rooting for these guys.

Product: The mats and liners are fantastic. Quality material, excellent fit and finish and gorgeous to look at. There is a nice snug fit to both the mats and the liners. No wiggling around, no uncovered areas. They enhance the the interior of the car. I've already gotten compliments on the floor mats. When does that ever happen? I would recommend these mats and liners to any Tesla owner.
Thanks for the report, I'm glad to hear how nice the mats are. Hope mine come soon, ordered in September.

I apologize the amount of time it has taken for you to receive your order. We are expecting our shipment to arrive to our warehouse by the end of this week and we will be able to send out your order to you by the end of next week. I will keep you posted on the progress of your order.
Hi @tshields. So I’ve received the Frunk and trunk mats (which fit great!) but still
Have not received the interior mats. Any update on when I will receive those? Winter is basically here and would like to have them asap. Original Order# 1687, later updated to order #3610.

Thank you!

I ordered 2021 M3 mats from @tshields in September (backorder). Haven't received them yet, but I really wanted some kind of protection because I was gonna go on a road trip here in the Northeast, and didn't want dirty mud/snow in my car. I called Jason to ask about the status of my order and told him about the urgency and the upcoming road trip. He was always very responsive and offered to ship me the 2019 M3 mats for free. He used UPS next-day shipping because I was actually leaving in two days and the mats arrived just on time! The fit is decent but they came in clutch when it was raining and I had a packed car with 5 people. Great customer service.

So if I order the Tesla Shields now when am I likely to get them? The website says "BACK-ORDER: SHIPS DECEMBER". My M3 estimated delivery date is Dec 7-31.

Taptes claims theirs are in stock in their US warehouse and guarantee delivery in 15-20 days. Both floor mats look very similar and cost about $135 after applying the respective discount codes.

Any thoughts on these two? Any other floor mats I should consider?