Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just back from a small Thanksgiving road trip with my Teslashield mats.

Didn't once think about the mats because they didn't move, feet didn't catch edges, didn't show any flaws or gaps, etc. They did their job without creating any annoyances. (I had been catching my foot on the inside edge of the factory mat over the dead-pedal which would pull the mat out of position as I exited the car. The Teslashields eliminated that problem)

Track some dried leaves into the car so, after the trip, I removed a couple of the mats to clean them. The stiffness of the mat made it easy to remove the mat without spilling the dried leaves into the car. I dumped the leaves out and quickly reinstalled the mats. Easy.

My conclusion is that they were worth the wait.

Just got an email this morning from Modern Spare. My order, placed just over a month ago, is delayed coming from Asia and they will not be able to meet their original delivery estimate. It's deja vu all over again!

Reactions: ss71
Happy to hear another positive review of the TeslaShield mats. However, their communication has gotten really bad so that over the weekend I ordered mats from another company as backup. I’m 100% understanding of supply chain, labor, and shipping issues but being left in the dark is no good. FWIW, I ordered in very early September, the mats have supposedly been through customs and to their warehouse for weeks and I have heard not a single thing about my order. Despite this, still hoping one day they show up because the reviews sound very good.

Has anyone tried the Tesla Shields or Taptes floor mats in a 2022 M3? Did they fit properly?
I have a 2021 (later model) and ordered Taptes - the fit is quite good. The passenger side was a bit snug at first but has molded well to the... well. Now that we are getting into mud and slush weather in Ohio - I have to say the fact that you can lift them out and they hold their shape is amazing. No crud dribbling back in to the car. They are also incredibly light weight which also makes taking them in and out a breeze. The only other mats I had were Tesla branded ones in a previous Model 3... and they were fine. But so far these are superior. I also think they look kind of cool. And love the lack of logos.

Reactions: phaheem
Hi!

I'm waiting for my 2022 Model 3 LFP and I was wondering if the Tuxmat from 2021 still works with the 2022.

Anyone has received a 2022 and also have 2021 Tuxmat mats? Any changes of dimensions? I heard the passenger seats of the M3 2022 isn't exactly the same as 2021.

Thanks

I received my Tesla Shields 2021 Model 3 floor mats on November 13th, having ordered back on August 27th

The wait was worth it! Absolutely love the look and feel of these mats, both to the touch and under your feet while driving. The fit is better than I could have expected and super happy with the purchase.

I’ll be looking to grab a trunk/frunk mat combo in the near future :)

7C947A1B-D30A-43A4-951C-EA5FFB755880.jpeg
3560A5C2-928C-48FE-A332-E914CB27A452.jpeg
72CB085D-79A7-4B63-835E-DF51DB52C0B8.jpeg
C9DA1E98-775C-41DB-BF6E-14AAA0D85047.jpeg

Right now I just received an update that a shipment containing a few hundred Model 3 2020 - 2021 mats and model y 7 seater mats has landed and been accepted at our TN warehouse! It should take a week or less them to be counted, sorted, and kitted together. As you may be aware, this is the smallest shipment in the set and we are having a bigger shipment arrive at our SLC location at the end of this week/ early next week. So far, we are still aligned with our original two - 4 week timeframe (now 1-2 weeks) we stated in our last email update almost two weeks ago. These shipments include model y 7 seater trunk and frunk, Third row, Model 3 trunk and frunk mats, 2020-2021 model 3 and model y 5 and 7 seater revised seat mount floor mats. Please note that you will be fulfilled at either our SLC location or TN location based at the time you ordered and the coast you are in. East coast customers get fulfilled from TN and west coast are fulfilled from SLC. If you have any questions pls AMA.

Right now I just received an update that a shipment containing a few hundred Model 3 2020 - 2021 mats and model y 7 seater mats has landed and been accepted at our TN warehouse! It should take a week or less them to be counted, sorted, and kitted together. As you may be aware, this is the smallest shipment in the set and we are having a bigger shipment arrive at our SLC location at the end of this week/ early next week. So far, we are still aligned with our original two - 4 week timeframe (now 1-2 weeks) we stated in our last email update almost two weeks ago. These shipments include model y 7 seater trunk and frunk, Third row, Model 3 trunk and frunk mats, 2020-2021 model 3 and model y 5 and 7 seater revised seat mount floor mats. Please note that you will be fulfilled at either our SLC location or TN location based at the time you ordered and the coast you are in. East coast customers get fulfilled from TN and west coast are fulfilled from SLC. If you have any questions pls AMA.
Sept 6 order #2936, 2020-21 M3 mats, should I expect this will be fulfilled from the shipment received in TN?

Quick update: looks like we have everything in our possession except for model y 5 seater trunk and frunk. There is a high likelihood that this shipment could be lost as this is a similar situation with our cargo covers a couple of months back. We will have to most likely restart production of those and delay our shipping estimation from January 2022 to March 2022 we have updated our product listing to display that we are shipping in Q1 2022. Also, due to supply chain constraints we will only be carrying version 2 of the trunk and frunk for 7 seater. Please note that version 2 will be more expensive and a more premium product as it is made with our 3D material which is the same material as our floor mats. Those that have already purchased 7 seater trunk and frunk will be recieving version 2. Difference between V1 and V2: V1 is a cheaper product as it has only a single layer plastic injection (same exact material as tesmanian). V2 uses 3D material as stated above. All other items will be shipped end of this week/ beginning of next week. I have contacted our 3PL, Redstag, to see if we can fly up to their location in utah this week and hopefully we can get things sped up. Waiting on them to call me back tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated. I would appreciate if our fellow users can share this.

Tesla Oem (made by weather tech) is a single layer plastic rubber composite injection mold. These are much much much cheaper than the 3D material we use as ours has three layers and near complete dead pedal coverage. I have attached a comparison of us vs Tesla oem (weather tech)

Attachments

• DF59EF71-6707-4A8C-84D9-E4F42793886D.jpeg
    DF59EF71-6707-4A8C-84D9-E4F42793886D.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 247
I decided on the Tesla Rugged Carpet mats. I also have the weather tech They’re very nice. But, the “rugged“ Tesla mats have a bit more luxury in the look and vibe. We are in a warm climate in south Florida, we don’t do construction and our worst “dirt” is beach sand. The weather tech product is excellent and highly functional, but the look is a bit too utilitarian. We are digging the carpet feel and appearance and it’s rather easy to keep looking good. Anyway, my opinion.

Reactions: JimShaw