Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have Tuxmats? And if you do how do you like them? I've been looking at EVERY brand out there and these are currently at the top of my list bc I really like the way they look and the insane coverage they have. There's gotta be something wrong with them, right?!?

Has anyone ordered the Taptes mats (the kind that look like 3D maxpider) recently? Website says “free 13-19 working day shipping” - wondering if anyone has received them relatively timely and how the quality and fitment are.

Anyone have Tuxmats? And if you do how do you like them? I've been looking at EVERY brand out there and these are currently at the top of my list bc I really like the way they look and the insane coverage they have. There's gotta be something wrong with them, right?!?
I have received the Tuxmats in the mail aka Phantom if ordered via Costco. At this time, I cannot comment on fitment until M3LR arrives but these sure beat the Weather Tech set on my previous vehicle for coverage alone. If there are any possible downsides, it will be the clips and how quickly the mats can be removed for cleaning due to how much coverage they have.

Reactions: IWRBR
Has anyone ordered the Taptes mats (the kind that look like 3D maxpider) recently? Website says “free 13-19 working day shipping” - wondering if anyone has received them relatively timely and how the quality and fitment are.
From what I can tell they look very comparable to 3D Maxpider. As far as liners/mats go in general there are a few different styles that mainly differ based on the material they use but if you like the 3D Maxpider style (thermoplastic elastomer top layer+ polyethylene foam in the middle) these are some of the companies that sell that specific type of liner: 3d mats, Abstract Ocean, Taptes, & Tesla shield. I'm sure there are more but those are those ones I've seen mentioned here most and they are all seem very similar.

Reactions: phaheem
From what I can tell they look very comparable to 3D Maxpider. As far as liners/mats go in general there are a few different styles that mainly differ based on the material they use but if you like the 3D Maxpider style (thermoplastic elastomer top layer+ polyethylene foam in the middle) these are some of the companies that sell that specific type of liner: 3d mats, Abstract Ocean, Taptes, & Tesla shield. I'm sure there are more but those are those ones I've seen mentioned here most and they are all seem very similar.
Right on, thanks. I went through every page in this thread and there were some complaints about the Taptes mats’ fitment, so curious if that’s been fixed or if it’s still an issue. They’re the least expensive of the bunch and most like the 3D maxpider (which I previously had), so I’m leaning toward ordering them

We are actually much different than 3D Maxpider and Taptes. We took the leading brands on the market compared them and made a new shape in order to achieve the best fitting mats on the market. We also have 25% more coverage and offer a lifetime warranty. Check out this YouTuber comparing our mats to the 3D Maxpider.

Reactions: TheRedOx and IWRBR
We are actually much different than 3D Maxpider and Taptes. We took the leading brands on the market compared them and made a new shape in order to achieve the best fitting mats on the market. We also have 25% more coverage and offer a lifetime warranty. Check out this YouTuber comparing our mats to the 3D Maxpider.

The biggest problem with your product is you won't have any stock until August/September and people are looking to get floor mats now.

The biggest problem with your product is you won't have any stock until August/September and people are looking to get floor mats now.
Yeah I totally understand you. To be honest the reason why we are out of stock is because we are growing organically and don't have much outside funding. We use our sales as to buy more inventory and 3/4ths of money being generated is held in by our payment processors for refunds for up to 3 months and we sell out so quickly that we have to wait until enough funds are accumulated to start up production. So unless there is an instant sizable liquid injection we would have enough inventory to never run out of stock. The good news is that we just started production two weeks ago. However it typically take another two weeks in production, 15-28 days of shipment, and a month to get from port and into our warehouse so we can ship. Its unfortunate and will plan on moving production to the states when we are able to. We provide constant updates on our website as to the progress of inventory and we also send out newsletters and thread posts with the occasional giveaway on a weekly/bi weekly basis starting tomorrow.

Reactions: phaheem and IWRBR
Received my Taptes mats today, just 3 days after placing my order (shipped from and to/within SoCal), $129 total including shipping. Took some pics next to the 3D Maxpider mats I had in my BMW i3 for comparison. The weave on the face of the mats look and feel identical; the Taptes mats are lighter weight and less thick than the Maxpiders; and the Maxpiders seem to have more grip on the underside. Can’t test them inside my Model 3 yet because the car is on order.

Attachments

• 26392B86-0CE0-40C6-82D1-ECA7A9D038CE.jpeg
    26392B86-0CE0-40C6-82D1-ECA7A9D038CE.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 9D34EDDD-0A6C-4F0A-85AE-9E186FA96901.jpeg
    9D34EDDD-0A6C-4F0A-85AE-9E186FA96901.jpeg
    862.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 3D1A3B9D-E9D8-40D3-8665-ADD9567216E9.jpeg
    3D1A3B9D-E9D8-40D3-8665-ADD9567216E9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
  • 62E2DC53-94CD-48B9-9663-D3EA77275798.jpeg
    62E2DC53-94CD-48B9-9663-D3EA77275798.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 186
  • F3A2CA99-4BF6-4E8D-AF0A-BDC28D519C6D.jpeg
    F3A2CA99-4BF6-4E8D-AF0A-BDC28D519C6D.jpeg
    972.6 KB · Views: 225
Received my Taptes mats today, just 3 days after placing my order (shipped from and to/within SoCal), $129 total including shipping. Took some pics next to the 3D Maxpider mats I had in my BMW i3 for comparison. The weave on the face of the mats look and feel identical; the Taptes mats are lighter weight and less thick than the Maxpiders; and the Maxpiders seem to have more grip on the underside. Can’t test them inside my Model 3 yet because the car is on order.
Thanks for the review and pictures! Very helpful.

I literally just got my TAPTES floor mats today. They really remind me of the 3D maxpider in quality and fitment, for a fraction of the cost. I'm very impressed with these and I have tried 4 different floor mats so far, from the Evannex brand to cheap AliExpress garbage to another brand I can't recall right now, but haven't found one I really liked... until now. I will be posting up a lot more on these this weekend, but since I saw your post, figured I would post up. In a nutshell, get them! They are soo worth it. The fitment is exceptional and I like that they ship their stuff in a nice big, thick box to prevent creases and bends.

A couple pics of driver side, passenger side, frunk and trunk. They put a nice fold in the middle of the trunk mat, so you can lift up the small, subtrunk lid underneath, without needing to remove the whole thing! TAPTES is putting out some really nice stuff!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20220610_222249178.jpg
    PXL_20220610_222249178.jpg
    973.4 KB · Views: 203
  • PXL_20220610_221148072.jpg
    PXL_20220610_221148072.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 204
  • PXL_20220610_221158183.jpg
    PXL_20220610_221158183.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 199
  • PXL_20220610_222546941.jpg
    PXL_20220610_222546941.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
Reactions: Hiline and IWRBR

I literally just got my TAPTES floor mats today. They really remind me of the 3D maxpider in quality and fitment, for a fraction of the cost. I'm very impressed with these and I have tried 4 different floor mats so far, from the Evannex brand to cheap AliExpress garbage to another brand I can't recall right now, but haven't found one I really liked... until now. I will be posting up a lot more on these this weekend, but since I saw your post, figured I would post up. In a nutshell, get them! They are soo worth it. The fitment is exceptional and I like that they ship their stuff in a nice big, thick box to prevent creases and bends.

A couple pics of driver side, passenger side, frunk and trunk. They put a nice fold in the middle of the trunk mat, so you can lift up the small, subtrunk lid underneath, without needing to remove the whole thing! TAPTES is putting out some really nice stuff!!!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Looking forward to hearing your further review this weekend. I also received my set of Taptes mats yesterday (see my post/pics above) but haven’t received my model 3 yet to test them out

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Looking forward to hearing your further review this weekend. I also received my set of Taptes mats yesterday (see my post/pics above) but haven’t received my model 3 yet to test them out
When's your EDD? Maybe when you get your car you can upload a few pictures of the Taptes mats installed.

I finally decided to go with the 3D Maxpiders after way too much time researching this. It just seemed like the safe choice but I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the popular brands out there. I don't have my car yet either but I plan on doing a short review here when I get them put in my car.

When's your EDD? Maybe when you get your car you can upload a few pictures of the Taptes mats installed.

I finally decided to go with the 3D Maxpiders after way too much time researching this. It just seemed like the safe choice but I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the popular brands out there. I don't have my car yet either but I plan on doing a short review here when I get them put in my car.
EDD is Sept-Oct. I too spent wayyy too much time researching floor mats lol. But after having the maxpiders in my i3 for a year, I realized they’re just floor mats so they’re going to get dirty and used and abused - that’s what they’re made to do. So I opted for the Taptes because they’re the best value (i.e., least expensive) all-weather mats, IMO.

I’m tempted to go down to the nearest Tesla showroom to try out the Taptes mats in the Model 3 in their showroom, lol. But I’ll update again when I take delivery

Uploading more photos of the front to show how well they fit with no gaps to let crap get underneath, as well as a short video showing the trunk area opening and closing. I like that you don't have to take out the whole thing or try and lift it all up to get to the under trunk storage. Forgot to mention before, they don't have that weird smell you sometimes get with products made from plastics. These had no smell at all, which was a good thing.

The TAPTES floor mats are super easy to clean too. Sprayed some interior cleaner and wiped them down with a microfiber cloth. Look like new again.

They fit the rear seating area great. Really liking these floor mats and super happy I got them!

Video link:

Got mine here for anyone interested: Amazon Link

Attachments

• PXL_20220612_170650655.jpg
    PXL_20220612_170650655.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 188
  • PXL_20220612_170354013.jpg
    PXL_20220612_170354013.jpg
    780.7 KB · Views: 179
  • PXL_20220612_170516885.jpg
    PXL_20220612_170516885.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 173
  • PXL_20220612_170509623.jpg
    PXL_20220612_170509623.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 196
Uploading more photos of the front to show how well they fit with no gaps to let crap get underneath, as well as a short video showing the trunk area opening and closing. I like that you don't have to take out the whole thing or try and lift it all up to get to the under trunk storage. Forgot to mention before, they don't have that weird smell you sometimes get with products made from plastics. These had no smell at all, which was a good thing.

The TAPTES floor mats are super easy to clean too. Sprayed some interior cleaner and wiped them down with a microfiber cloth. Look like new again.

They fit the rear seating area great. Really liking these floor mats and super happy I got them!

Video link:

Got mine here for anyone interested: Amazon Link
Thanks for uploading! The fitment is impressive, especially how close the rear mats get to the seat rails - really covers/protects the floor. Also don’t see any figment creases in the front mats - seem to fit perfectly

Reactions: cmy4x4 and LBM4