Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD : FSD Beta Issues Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. FSD did not recognize a stopped school bus (stopped in the oncoming lane), with it’s lights flashing, stop sign deployed and children boarding. I was on a two lane marked rural road.
  2. FSD does not see or slow down for dips/crowns in the road/deep potholes, etc.
  3. FSD doesn’t see or turn down my private community road, even though navigation plots a correct path; meaning FSD ignores the navigation path and deviates from it.
  4. FSD struggles with the private road and cul-de-sac leaving my house
  5. FSD struggles with the gate at the top of our private community road, even though the location is homelike geofenced. Seems like additional logic needs to be added for geofenced locations
  6. FSD needs improved fuzzy logic code for dealing with 4-way stops – needs to understand the “pecking order” for when it’s its turn!

Contrasting experiences with speed bumps/humps...

In one case I saw the car try to drive at full speed (like 30 mph) over very short, high speed bumps on a private drive. This would not have gone well for my suspension.

Yesterday I experienced the car slowing down brilliantly for much wider speed "humps" on a residential street. Made me smile.

When a human driver approaches a tight right turn particularly on narrow residential/rural roads they will turn their car slightly right making it much easier to make the turn after they have stopped and looked before proceeding. I kept finding my car would approach the intersection pointed straight ahead making it difficult to stay on your side of the center line. I had to disengage several times when the car would go straight for a few feet rather then turning right immediately since I was afraid the car would cross over into on coming traffic .

However, due to the calibration failure of my B pillar camera and rear camera I now have to wait 2 weeks for mobile service to fix the cameras before using FSD again. So I'm not sure this is standard behavior or caused by the B pillar camera calibration failure. I would be interested what others are experiencing.

I see this behavior too, mainly when there's a stop sign. To make things worse, sometimes the car leaves so much clearance on the right side, that the car behind me, who also wants to turn right, will try to squeeze through right as my car starts to make the turn.

Navigation wanted to make a left turn and the predicted path did show a reasonable trajectory but then 10.2 creeped forwards for better visibility so much that it no longer predicted a path to the left and suddenly went to the right instead:

creep sharp left.jpg

Re bumps in road — I have this issue with railroad crossings, one of which you can pretty much last through — non beta used to slow down for it and display it as a traffic light, which it is not, slow down as it perceived it like a traffic light I must press accelerator to indicate to go through — on this one I am OK with it not stopping as not much elevation change.

The second one, is on a significant elevation - goes several feet up and then down like a GIANT speed bump — too scared to try

Third RR crossing near me grooves down and Is up and down all over place — have to slow from 45 to at least 15 mph and FSD like AP (oddly does not see this as a ‘red’ traffic light to slow down from… AP often saw off traffic lights as reds in past maybe this is fixed? I had reported in past)continues to try to barrel through. Wondering perhaps not many RR crossings in California near the Tesla (I guess former now?) HQ. A few times on this I have scrolled down like a maniac down to 15 mph and been ok but easier to just disengage ..!

"Today’s issues list, to be added to yesterday’s report, includes the following;
  1. FSD continues to struggle/ignore the entrance to my neighborhood’s private road. Multiple dashcam vids submitted
  2. HVAC system behaves erratically since this firmware was installed; it randomly blasts and cycles, and in general, fan speed has greatly increased for same temperature settings
  3. Cooling pump systems continue to run long after the car is garaged and “plugged in”. May run continuously, for all I know (not watching it overnight whilst I sleep)
  4. FSD struggles mightily with one three-way stop “T” intersection. Many vids submitted
Best,"

Reactions: EVNow
There are a LOT of considerations, it seems, when we drive on unmarked roads. Basically we need to create our own lanes based on circumstances
- How wide is the road - how many "lanes" can there be
- Are there parked cars to the side
- Are there cars coming in the opposite direction
- Are they cars / cyclists you need to pass
- Are we turning ?

Based on all these, the planner has to figure out the right path to drive on. The same kind of things apply to parking lots as well.

This is where imitation learning might be useful.
It definitely drifts too far into the center of unmarked roads in my neighborhood. It frightened an ongoing car approaching me (long honk), before I had a chance to disengage.

Reactions: tezzla and aronth5
We have alot of these type of intersections where I live. Intervening most of the time.
So it sounds like it sometimes works by itself? I went back to that intersection with a sharp left turn and nudged it forwards with the accelerator before it forgot it was making a left turn, and it did complete the turn albeit a bit slowly. I wonder if some aspect of the feature queue memory makes it stop predicting the correct turn, so additional training data should boost the appropriate signals to be stronger and more consistent in future versions.

Might I suggest some way to tally "me too"s? Many of these issues bug me as well, but others, not so much. A long list of every piece of feedback anyone wants to contribute is probably about as useful to developers as a list of all the disengagements any tester has given.

A workflow I had hoped Tesla came up with would be a "feedback command" from voice -> bags and tags a snapshot -> a big inbox of snapshots come to a person whose job is to be an aggregator (Déjà Poo: seen this sh*t before) -> tally and aggregate the feedback into an issue tracker that groups similar feedback together.

The list just looks really long and daunting already ;) Some feedback like "turn signal comes on at the wrong time" is virtually meaningless, for example, without context.

I was also looking forward to tracking whether issues were resolved in 10.3 (issue present in: column), but that's gone too. Flattening it like that will make it inconducive to tracking if issues were resolved in the next version (i.e. we'd all be saying "yes" to 10.2, but may say "no" to 10.3 for a line item).

Might I suggest some way to tally "me too"s?
As in to get a sense of what people think is important to fix? Theoretically given that we're using the same version of the software, it should behave the same way for each vehicle. The tricky part is recreating the scenario for others to replicate as often times issues depends on the exact road layout, and even for the same vehicle at the same intersection, reproducing an issue isn't always consistent.

Indeed, I've put 10.2 in many situations and have encountered almost all of the listed issues so far.

Reactions: FalconFour
Not a new FSD Beta specific issue, but navigation steps sometimes skip freeway onramp turns. For example, while still on a city street, the right-most lane becomes the freeway onramp, so the next navigation step shows the freeway exit as if we're already on the highway.

This seems to be problematic for FSD Beta as in a different situation, I actually needed to be in the left turn lane to get to the onramp, but navigation step showed continuing straight (while navigation map showed a blue line curving to the left -- as if I was already on the onramp). This resulted in FSD Beta suddenly wanting to exit the left turn lane as it was looking for a straight lane.

@EVNow
Hello Beta testers, we can track all the issues we see in this master list of FSD Beta issues. Feel free to add / update the spreadsheet.

I'll request mods to turn into into a wiki to help us keep it updated.

Currently I've added these columns in the spreadsheet.

Issue ## of TestersTMC User NameIssue Title10.210.3Description / Notes
11EVNowOn unmarked roads, drives near the centerYes

# of Testers : Increment the number if you are also experiencing the issue. This we we know how many testers see the issue - and also helps eliminate duplicates.
10.2, 10.3 : We can track whether an issue is fixed in a particular release or not
Are you entering our post issues lists, as the spreadsheet is still locked to view only.