Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD : FSD Beta Issues Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to be TomTom maps ...

From what I've read, it's that they are using MapBox now. MapBox consumed OSM data originally, which would explain why we're seeing similarities between Tesla Nav and OSM.

Regardless, we still haven't seen map updates since 2020. FSD is just highlighting the fact of bad map data.

If AI Day is to be believed, they are planning on leveraging Fleet data to create their own maps.

It seems likely the cross traffic detection in 10.4 is not using the full memory stack yet. I had the car creeping and waiting for cross traffic with visualization briefly showing a parked car from time to time and deciding it wasn't safe to enter the intersection. Elon Musk did comment that there were networks not using the full surround video stack at AI Day, and there were plenty of things from AI Day that were bleeding edge and not even in FSD Beta 10.x yet, so I wonder how many of those presented and in-progress at AI Day will make it in to FSD Beta 11.

In addition to all the fsd beta comments I’d like to add
1. Even set on follow distance of 7 fsd beta 10.5 seems to tailgate

2. When on a 2 lane highway (the Taconic in NY for example) the car instantly moves to the passing lane and keeps trying to get back there after I signal and it moves into the right lane.

Am I missing a setting?

LR dual motor model 3 2018

Even set on follow distance of 7 fsd beta 10.5 seems to tailgate
Yep. You are not missing a setting. This is just what it does - you’ll notice it’s kind of erratic about it too. Sometimes tailgates, sometimes does not. Whether or not tailgating occurs depends on what caused the distance to decrease.

I think it is some horribly executed method of reducing jerk. I think it’s related to the system’s new marvelous feature where it mostly ignores your cruise control set speed (which is inexplicable) for many seconds.

Quite separately, the worst feature is that the system refuses to speed up to the set speed if you have the accelerator pressed! (This happens all the time!)

I really have no idea what Tesla is thinking at this point. These seem like the most basic behaviors, and they seem so much easier to master than perception.

It's counter intuitive, but you need to let go of the accelerator (manual override) for the car to speed-up automatically. I just blip the gas to get going sometimes.

I have the opposite problem: FSDbeta won't slow down when I reduce my set speed.

I really don't like how FSDbeta will supersede and automatically change the driver's set speeds when the road speed limit changes. I've been trying to force it to use the driver's set speed, but the settings don't seem to do anything.

Tesla really needs to prioritize the driver's settings.

Yep. You are not missing a setting. This is just what it does - you’ll notice it’s kind of erratic about it too. Sometimes tailgates, sometimes does not. Whether or not tailgating occurs depends on what caused the distance to decrease.

I think it is some horribly executed method of reducing jerk. I think it’s related to the system’s new marvelous feature where it mostly ignores your cruise control set speed (which is inexplicable) for many seconds.

Quite separately, the worst feature is that the system refuses to speed up to the set speed if you have the accelerator pressed! (This happens all the time!)

I really have no idea what Tesla is thinking at this point. These seem like the most basic behaviors, and they seem so much easier to master than perception.

It's counter intuitive, but you need to let go of the accelerator (manual override) for the car to speed-up automatically.
Yeah I know, that is what I said. It’s an annoying problem. You can’t speed up without slowing down briefly. (Note that this behavior also exists in the production build of NOA - it’s not new. More noticeable here though, because of changing speed limits, and always having to press the accelerator when using FSD.

I have the opposite problem: FSDbeta won't slow down when I reduce my set speed.
Yeah, that is also what I mentioned above. (Though I wasn’t specific that I was talking about slowing down in the second paragraph.)

Last edited:
I'm thinking Tesla should jettison the FSDbeta to TACC transition when the driver disengages with a steering input and just go to full disengage.

Lets say you're coming up to a 90 deg right at a light. FSDbeta does the lawfully correct thing and doesn't go into the parking lane, but that's what everyone does at this right so you signal right and manually disengage with a steering input. FSDbeta switches to TACC and immediately sets the speed to the speed limit before entering the turn (!!). So slowing (~20 mph) then immediate speed increase (45 mph) just before a 90 deg right turn.

The speed limit should apply when going straight, not making sharp turns.
Another example where disengaging to TACC is bad: FSD brings the car to an intersection with a red light and tries to make right on red but the FSD jerks steering wheel violently to the point where I instinctively disengage and now the car is in TACC barreling into the intersection in front of cross-trafic and I have to slam on the brakes.

And one more (this one was before FSD and would be less common): while driving in autopilot mode in the rightmost lane the car encounters stopped traffic and decelerates pretty hard from full speed to zero; a few seconds later I hear squealing brakes from behind and I turn my steering wheel and drive onto the shoulder; so the car now is in TACC mode and once I release the accelerator the car tries to accelerate to 55 mph since there's nothing in front of it anymore but the shoulder is about to end... I barely got a chance to stop before driving into some bushes.

Last edited: