Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: FSD Subscription Available 16 Jul 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla could have saved all these heartburns, and teeth gnashing from the regulators and detractors alike if only had they chosen a different name than the misleading, 'Full Self Driving"
No, as Tesla's supporters say, everyone knows it's just a name, names mean nothing. Autopilot, full self driving, etc. Everyone knows those obviously are beta L2 ADAS systems. Only idiots consider the name without reading every line of the constantly changing manual.

for a product that is 'Future Full Self Driving (FFSD)".
The whole point of the last posts in this thread is that FSD isn't even "Future Full Self Driving". Tesla gave up on selling that in March 2019. All you get with an FSD purchase since then is the promise of L2 Autosteer on city streets. In the details of the product, they are not suggesting any kind of hands off driving at all. It's literally not a product for sale.

Supposedly this is obvious to everyone but me, but I would bet that if you asked people that plunked down $5,000-$12,000 for "FSD" that 90% of them believe they are owed hands/eyes off driving when Tesla develops it, not that Tesla is fully within the product description to charge extra for that.

Ok, so we are 100% agreed. When you buy FSD, you get FSD. It's just that you cannot assume what "Full Self Driving Capability" does from the name.

In the same way you can't expect a diaper genie to grant wishes from the name? Sure.

Also booking a flight on a dreamliner doesn't guarantee you'll be able to sleep on the flight, and a myriad of other examples.

Many people are confused by the FSD name

I don't think any significant number of people who've actually bought it, or even bothered to read the product description, have any such confusion in the way you suggest. Tesla tells you in writing what you get- and even clarifies under that NONE of the features make the car autonomous at all.

Your sentiment seems to almost always come from concern trolls such as yourself who keep intentionally misunderstanding obvious things over and over.

Tesla tells you in writing what you get- and even clarifies under that NONE of the features make the car autonomous at all.
Can you point me to this "in writing" portion that makes it 100% clear that nothing you buy will ever be autonomous as part of the purchase process?

The confusion is that it will NEVER make your car autonomous. Sure, a bunch of people understand what is there TODAY is not autonomous, but the assumption when you buy "FULL SELF DRIVING CAPABILITY" is that it eventually will, especially combined with Elon constantly saying that they will have L3+ "this year" for 5 years now.

Are you really sure most people buying $12K FSD today and for the last 3 years are aware that all they are buying, forever into the future, is just a system that will drive in a straight line down a city road and stop at stop lights and signs, all while the driver is 100% responsible for all failures? That anything that is actually autonomous when available will be a new purchase of a different product than FSD?

Can you point me to this "in writing" portion that makes it 100% clear that nothing you buy will ever be autonomous as part of the purchase process?

Can you stop making up nonsense nobody ever said?

What I actually said was it makes it 100% clear none of the features you are buying today make it autonomous.

What's extra-dishonest here is you have explicitly been answered about my thoughts on the future- and were even called out for lying about claiming I did NOT answer that question by linking you right to the post where I previously answered it.

And only a few posts ago, so not like this is a months-old thing you "forgot" like you seem to so often "forget" and reask the question a 3798th time pretending nobody ever answered it.

The confusion is

...that you think continuing to intentionally, willfully, pretend to "misunderstand" or simply misquote literally everything others post is in any way useful to anyone.

Are they still going to want $1000 to upgrade my HW2.5 car to HW3 before I can subscribe to the "Full Self Driving Capability" software upgrade for a year in a vehicle that was sold as having "All Hardware Needed for Full Self Driving Capability"?

Probably.

And they'll also still do the upgrade for free if you actually buy FSD just like the last time you asked the question and acted surprised by the answer.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
You won't win, but knock yourself out.
Narrator: He won.
Tesla's ACTUAL Lawyer in attendance because they don't put up with ridiculous lawsuits:
Narrator: They did not bother to attend.
Attorneys are allowed with the permission of the judge in Washington State.
Narrator: They were not. (The judge asked every person in attendance if they were a lawyer and indicated they were not allowed)
CASE DISMISSED!
Narrator: It was not.

Again, if you believe anyone who bought FSD has a case, test the belief in Small Claims Court and report back.
Done!