Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: FSD Subscription Available 16 Jul 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently subscribed. I have a M3 2021 (took delivery in June). I got the pop up that I had FSD but no settings are popping up to actually enable it. Any suggestions? Current software is v10.2.
Reboot is always the first step
I would also make sure the car is able to get LTE reception also. The car has to be able to connect to Tesla's servers to be able to have the feature activated.

A corporation can have a real person represent it in the court of law. And that person can be an attorney. You on the other hand can not have an attorney represent you. The “no attorney representation in small claims court” really applies to individuals suing or being sued. Not corporations or stores.
Not in WA:

Can an attorney represent a small claims claimant in Washington District Court?

Generally, no. However, two exceptions exist: A lawyer can represent you if the judge agrees to the representation or if the case was transferred from another court.
Attorneys and paralegals are excluded from appearing or participating with the plaintiff or defendant in a small claims suit unless the judge grants permission.

Smh.. 10k upfront.. no way! Too expensive! 200/mo.. no way too expensive! Unreal. You gotta let some things slide buddy. 200 is a lot of money. But you can keep it for as little or long as you’d like. The only real idiot move on getting the subscription is if you plan to keep it reoccurring for longer then 4.5 years. At that point you’ve paid more than 10k (and will continue to pay) for a feature you could have “pre purchased”.
So, get the subscription for a year, or 6 months.. spend only a fraction of the outfront cost. This is a big win for Tesla owners if you ask me - share holders not so much lol.
Wait. 200 a month when its not really fsd? Fsd as in L5. Expensive. Pass

Reactions: techlogik
In Washington the guideline is below:
"Unless a judge grants permission, Attorneys and paralegals are excluded from appearing or participating with the plaintiff or defendant in a small claims suit."
Small Claims Court | Washington State

The King County Bar's small claims guideline does mention this applies to corporations also (may in fact be there specifically to target corporations), although corporations will tend to try to move the trial to regular court (where there are no such restrictions). See page 3 (or PDF page 8):
http://www.kcba.org/kcba/pbs/pdf/NLClinks/SmallClaimsPacketandForms.pdf
Who would you propose represent the corporation? Do you think they’re going to send a technician, sales rep, call center operator?

Attorney can not attend or participate WITH a plaintiff or defendant. But they can take the place of a corporation.

Who would you propose represent the corporation? Do you think they’re going to send a technician, sales rep, call center operator?
The area rep, service center manager, or a paralegal? These people all deal with customer issues constantly, and are in fact the ones denying customers that would ask for a "free" upgrade, so if they are capable of that level of decision making at Tesla, they are capable of representing them in small claims court as well.

Maybe Elon? ;)

Wait. 200 a month when its not really fsd? Fsd as in L5. Expensive. Pass

LOL, Tesla is years away from Level 5... shoot, they are at least a year away from Level 3!

When AP first hit the scene it was marginally better than other driver safety systems and was in the SAE Level 2 realm, just above the border from SAE level 1. Although it was sold as a driving assistance and safety system, it was portrayed as the car driving itself to an ignorant population via it's name "Auto Pilot" There were always disclaimers that the driver had to remain in control at all times, but these were in the background, in the foreground was the name "Auto Pilot".

Ever since hardware 2.0 Tesla has claimed that SAE level 5 FSD was supported by the hardware, and that it was just around the corner... but in reality land we have Level 2 autonomous systems and anything less than hardware 3.0 will never support anything better than SAE level 2. Even what Tesla currently calls Full Self Drive and charges $10,000 for is in reality an SAE Level 2 system. The FSD Beta that is the current holy grail is an SAE Level 3 system at best, but even the Beta is more like Level 2.5 than it is Level 3, perhaps when it is released as a non-beta software update it will qualify as SAE level 3. I would be surprised if the current hardware could handle SAE level 4, and no way in hell could it handle SAE level 5.

FSD is a marketing term with little to no resemblance to Level 5 autonomous driving. As I have said earlier in this thread, I will pay $200 for a month of "improved SAE level 2 automation". I would never pay $10,000 for level 2, or even level 3 automation.

Keith <---- predicting a bunch of thumbs down from fanboys.

I'm really surprised they launched this before launching autosteer on city streets (i.e. the feature that is the actual "self driving" part of "full self driving"). I'm not exactly sure I see the value of this, except as a way to demo the functionality of FSD, once the functionality of FSD is worth demoing. Then deciding if it's worth it or not.

I guess it could also be for those who want FSD, but expect to trade in their cars before the break even point.

Reactions: gearchruncher
This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for!

The price is reasonable for when I am going to be doing a long highway vacation trip, so Tesla gains a Beta tester (their goal) and I don't have to pay $10,000 to be a beta tester! I will be subscribing next month before I make the drive down to Florida, up to North Carolina, and then back west to Arkansas.

Keith
They’re not “looking to add beta testers”. You’ve been running FSD in shadow-mode already. Just to be clear (as you may already mean/know), this isn’t “FSD beta”. It’s just FSD capability that you could have ordered w car. So it adds NoAP (or AP depending on what you already had), smart summon (or even normal summon), autopark, snd traffic lights/stop signs.

As that $10k price rises (e.g. - when features are added), it’d be reasonable to expect the subscription price to rise as well.

The price is reasonable for when I am going to be doing a long highway vacation trip, so Tesla gains a Beta tester (their goal) and I don't have to pay $10,000 to be a beta tester! I will be subscribing next month before I make the drive down to Florida, up to North Carolina, and then back west to Arkansas.

Keith
I don’t think signing up for this automatically gets you FSD Beta. That’s a very limited group of people who are either employees or social media influencers.

Keith

The FSD subscription does not make you a beta tester. You will not get the FSD Beta. You will only get the current public features which are Navigate on Autopilot, Auto Park, Smart Summon, Auto Lane Change, and Traffic Light & Stop Sign Control.

Reactions: gearchruncher
I received the message that the FSD subscription is now available, but it doesn’t show up under upgrades/subscriptions. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Not going to subscribe right now anyway, but going to be traveling a lot starting 7/20. Hopefully it pops up between now and then. Would be fun to try on the highway.
I am having the same issue. Even checked on the actual Tesla website and it's not showing there either.

Going on a ~2k mile road trip at the end of the month and I was wanting to subscribe and use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zhe Wiz