Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: FSD Subscription Available 16 Jul 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone missing the subscription option? I got the message in my Tesla inbox. However when I go to the subscribe section it’s not there. Just enhanced connectivity. June 2021 MY LR.
I made sure my Tesla app was updated and open and closed the app

I can’t take credit for discovering the “fix” but if you sign up for connectivity (I am still in trial period) the FSD option appears under subscriptions. You can then cancel Connectivity if you wish.

I just checked my inbox and I too have been offered the subscription for 199.00 a month plus taxes. But it's too rich for my blood. I haven't a need for it.

I don’t either…most of the time. But I can see subscribing for a month when I go on vacation, or will be traveling for business a lot. Maybe 2 months a year AT MOST. Not even sure I’ll do that yet, but I’ll definitely try it for a month at some point. No way I could justify $200 a month EVERY month. Nope.

Also available for $99 for owners "who already purchased the now-defunct Enhanced Autopilot package" (from electrek.co article). A friend has a Model 3 with EA. Assuming his car has the FSD computer (HW3.0), it may be a good deal for him to try out FSD for just $99 a month, either before or after wide release of the FSD Beta v9 software update.

Yeah I have EA on my PUP and my FSD subscription price is $99. I went ahead and subscribed…..

Reactions: Big Earl
Perfect timing for me, signed up last night for family vacation today.

3 phantom breaking issues going under overpasses with signs on the Garden state parkway and 2 auto lane change issues where the car jerked us back into the original lane for no reason after shifting halfway over into the new lane.

Needless to say my wife isn’t a fan. Glad it’s only a $212 investment vs 10k at this point. Hope the rewrite fixes these issues, but current NOA is not great IMO. Wait till the rewrite is available to all.

These things always seem to be weirdly local.

I've got over 20k miles driven on NoA, and can count on one hand the # of "phantom" braking incidents.

But folks in some other areas report it happens to them constantly.

The aborted lane change thing I DO see every once in a while, but even that's fairly rare (maybe once every 5-10 hours of driving?)-- it was much more common when auto lane change via NOA first appeared.

Commanding a lane change yourself (hit the blinker) though is AWESOME and noticeably quicker and more confident too.

Reactions: JBT66 and masterxel
D5707CED-397B-431D-BB72-4AC00A837EDF.jpeg
I’d rather by another ETF stock personally, but it does have some useful features. Is anyone going to purchase it for a month or two?

Last edited:
Think I'll wait until the beta FSD is more reliable. I know, could be months, but that's OK. Would use it mainly on driving trips in unfamiliar locations probably. I think it will be difficult for Tesla to sell the $10,000 package. Even if I signed up 6 mos out of a year, it would take 8+years to match the $10K expense. Many people don't even own their cars that long. Maybe Tesla will actually make more $$$ this way, in the long run however.

Keep in mind for post March 2019 cars, FSD actually adds a bunch of useful features the basic AP cars sold since then don't have- right now, no waiting.

The $99 if-you-already-have-EAP subscription is the weird one right now, as that adds literally nothing besides stopping for red lights/stop signs, AND these folks are the most likely to also need the $1500 HW upgrade.

I think that depends from state to state
Agree. I have a 2015 S and am not even sure I could get the $1500 upgrade to work with my old hardware, but I already have all of these features except stopping at traffic lights/stop signs. And I can use AP above 80, last time I checked. But...the world does seem to be moving more toward subscriptions.

Agree. I have a 2015 S and am not even sure I could get the $1500 upgrade to work with my old hardware, but I already have all of these features except stopping at traffic lights/stop signs
Fyi, this makes no sense. This only applies to AP2 cars, of which the first one shipped in October 2016. 2015 cars are AP1, and are a completely different feature set. They cannot be upgraded to AP2.
The $1500 upgrade is for the internal AP2 computer that was in 2016-2019 cars.

Reactions: Matias
I hit it up to try for a month...
Will probably do the same thing for road trips, and will probably dip my toes in every now and again when I see evidence of bigger updates.

Really wish I could just get NOA and Auto-Lane Change by themselves though.