Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Jack Points — location, use, damage, pads, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which would make the car stronger, not weaker. I'm not following your logic.
Oh, sorry, I was responding to a question why I thought the battery pack would be integrated into the frame. I responded by saying it might make the structure (frame+battery pack) stronger. I don't know if it is integral to the frame or not, and probably no one else here knows either. It is just a question I ask to stimulate discussion, and maybe I can learn something.

Hi Everyone, I am not knowledgeable about changing or rotating tires...have never done it in my life. I have only had a flat on two separate occasions and fortunately I was close to my mechanic and was able to get replacement tires there. My question on this thread though is in regards to either having the wheels taken off to get the powder coated or getting after market wheels from say T-Sportline. I am sure it would be possible as T-Sportline has shown their wheels on the Model 3.

After reading this thread it makes me think that it may not be as simple as one would think it would be. Is this true? I was planning on taking my Model 3 (once I get it) to a detailer who has worked on several Teslas to have PPF and ceramic coating applied to the car. He has also said he could powder coat the wheels for me too but that would require him taking off the wheels obviously. He has a lift at his shop and I thought that is all that he would need to get the job done, is that not the case?

Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Everyone, I am not knowledgeable about changing or rotating tires...have never done it in my life. I have only had a flat on two separate occasions and fortunately I was close to my mechanic and was able to get replacement tires there. My question on this thread though is in regards to either having the wheels taken off to get the powder coated or getting after market wheels from say T-Sportline. I am sure it would be possible as T-Sportline has shown their wheels on the Model 3.

After reading this thread it makes me think that it may not be as simple as one would think it would be. Is this true? I was planning on taking my Model 3 (once I get it) to a detailer who has worked on several Teslas to have PPF and ceramic coating applied to the car. He has also said he could powder coat the wheels for me too but that would require him taking off the wheels obviously. He has a lift at his shop and I thought that is all that he would need to get the job done, is that not the case?

Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

From the pictures it looks like a lift would work but you may want some sort of adapter to stick in the holes. It's hard to tell how recessed the jack points are. Maybe hockey pucks would work?
I've heard of tire shops having deals with powder coat shops. Drop the car off and they'll dismount the tires, powder coat them and remount them.

D9394752-8431-4D0D-A549-4EF2B8E4DECA.jpeg
C4A5A1A5-6B77-4547-981B-58A13363CCCF.jpeg
9B616366-CCEC-41C6-8FB1-A0A0650468CC.jpeg
1F5B55E5-DEB9-4754-BC16-49BB4046293B.jpeg
[here yah go, yes the 3 has a completely different jack point area, no clue why they couldn’t just stay constant but yah it took me a while to design a jack pad adapter for the 3.
Available next week.

QUOTE="Tam, post: 2428475, member: 11118"]Model S and X have rectangular lifting pads with 3 holes and they are located on the outer edge.

Model 3 Jack Points look different (triangular with 1 hole?) and they are not located anywhere near the outer edge but rather more inward.

Would anyone please take a picture because the drawing is too 2 dimensional.

LMXoegJ.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: PoitNarf