Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Thread: Model 3s on the Track / drag strip- Videos, Discussion, Setup, Etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be possible to create a sticky thread for track videos to keep them all in one spot without cluttering up the discussion board? I often like to refer back to videos I've seen posted but have trouble finding them.

Either way - here's a video of my latest track day running with NASA SoCal at Big Willow. They let me run HPDE4 on Saturday to show that I could handle open passing sessions and then licensed me for Time Trial on Sunday in their new class (TTEV). It was a great event with some well-built cars and solid drivers. This session was the end of day Saturday. I started with 77% charge and stayed out until my battery was glowing red. It is such a fun track.

I am not opposed to creating a sticky thread for model 3 track videos and specific discussions. I am a volunteer mod, so the discussion of a specific subforum for track discussions is not something I am able to do, but I am certainly not opposed to a sticky thread.

Something like "Master thread : Model 3 on the track - Discussions, Videos, etc." ?

I am not opposed to creating a sticky thread for model 3 track videos and specific discussions. I am a volunteer mod, so the discussion of a specific subforum for track discussions is not something I am able to do, but I am certainly not opposed to a sticky thread.

Something like "Master thread : Model 3 on the track - Discussions, Videos, etc." ?
Yes, thank you! I think that would be great to have a single place for those of us that like to post and view track videos.

(Moderator note: Sticky thread created. I also realize there is already a sticky thread for setup / modification, here:

Our track focused users can upload videos to this thread, as well as (if desired) talk about what setup they used for the videos in question, what tracks they run on, charging options around said track, etc etc.)

I was at VIR this weekend, te firefighters squad came by my paddock spot and said Tesla was coming in 2 weeks. Could not get more info. The firefighters came to me to look at the car and ask for where to "cut" in case of accident. Strange since they already had read the info Tesla docs for firefighters.

Reactions: MoreAgain
Damn, @mattack4000 you ran a 1:58 at BW with what setup? Just stock suspension with RE71?

Feels like with any vid or time post a list of mods should be included IMO so we can all help each other out.

Mod list:
  • MCS 2-way Coilovers - generally running this 3-4 clicks off stiff full time
  • MPP MC Brace
  • MP Adjustable front and rear arms - Only running -2deg up front since it's a daily car
  • UP swaybars in the middle
  • RB front BBK with Endless pads, stock Tesla performance rear pads - I've used UP race rear pads, and the stock ones are better overall
  • Forgestar CF5v 19x9.5 +20 w/ 275 R888's - Tires are pretty good, but the Federals do warm up quicker which is better for EV running of 5ish laps
  • Alignment and corner balance by Edge Motorworks in Fremont, CA
  • Rear seats and frunk removed for track days
Times with these mods:

Big Willow: 1:37 - 50F and windy
Sonoma: 1:54 - 80F sunny

Times with 19x9 TSW Bathurst w/ 265 Federal RS Pros:

Laguna Seca: 1:44 with consistent 1:45's - 65F sunny
BW C13: 2:01 with consistent 2:03's - 44F almost no heat into the tires all day

Completely stock car on sport 20's with PS4S:

BW C13: 2:09 - 82F

Yeah, same setup. I have been in the same range with A052.

Damn, @mattack4000 you ran a 1:58 at BW with what setup? Just stock suspension with RE71?

Feels like with any vid or time post a list of mods should be included IMO so we can all help each other out.

Mod list:
  • MCS 2-way Coilovers - generally running this 3-4 clicks off stiff full time
  • MPP MC Brace
  • MP Adjustable front and rear arms - Only running -2deg up front since it's a daily car
  • UP swaybars in the middle
  • RB front BBK with Endless pads, stock Tesla performance rear pads - I've used UP race rear pads, and the stock ones are better overall
  • Forgestar CF5v 19x9.5 +20 w/ 275 R888's - Tires are pretty good, but the Federals do warm up quicker which is better for EV running of 5ish laps
  • Alignment and corner balance by Edge Motorworks in Fremont, CA
  • Rear seats and frunk removed for track days
Times with these mods:

Sonoma: 1:54 - 80F sunny

Times with 19x9 TSW Bathurst w/ 265 Federal RS Pros:

Laguna Seca: 1:44 with consistent 1:45's - 65F sunny
BW C13: 2:01 with consistent 2:03's - 44F almost no heat into the tires all day

Completely stock car on sport 20's with PS4S:

BW C13: 2:09 - 82F

Feels like with any vid or time post a list of mods should be included IMO so we can all help each other :

Glad to know you've been out to Willow Springs, I've seen very few Teslas out there. I generally list my mods in my YT video descriptions. My current set up: 2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
XO Luxury 9.5x19 et30 wheels
265/35/19 RE-71r tires
Stradale Design Front Splitter
Mountain Pass Performance Party Box
Eibach Springs and Sway bars
Mountain Pass Performance 365mm front rotors
Mountain Pass Performance master cylinder brace
Unplugged Performance SS brake lines
Cobalt XR2 front brake pads
UnPlugged performance rear track pads
Endless RF-650 brake fluid

Before and After Ohlins Coilovers at BRP

Before - 1:58.49, had Eibach front sway bar in addition to below mods

After - 1:57.96, removed sway bar, upgraded to XR2 pads from X99. Still lots of room to improve. After driving some other cars I am going to reduce the amount of camber to maintain better tire temps.

Mod List - 2019 Model 3 Performance

MPP Brake reservoir brace
UPP Front Upper Control Arms
UPP Rear Camber Arms
UPP Rear Toe Arms
Konig Dekagram 18x9.5 +25
Yokohama A052 275/40r18
MPP Solid Front Lower Control Arm Bushing
Scroth E90 QuickFit 4-Point Harness
Ohlins DFV Coilovers from Redwood Motorsports
MPP Front and Rear Floating Brake Rotors
Cobalt XR2 Pads

Before and After Ohlins Coilovers at BRP

Before - 1:58.49, had Eibach front sway bar in addition to below mods

After - 1:57.96, removed sway bar, upgraded to XR2 pads from X99. Still lots of room to improve. After driving some other cars I am going to reduce the amount of camber to maintain better tire temps.

Mod List - 2019 Model 3 Performance

MPP Brake reservoir brace
UPP Front Upper Control Arms
UPP Rear Camber Arms
UPP Rear Toe Arms
Konig Dekagram 18x9.5 +25
Yokohama A052 275/40r18
MPP Solid Front Lower Control Arm Bushing
Scroth E90 QuickFit 4-Point Harness
Ohlins DFV Coilovers from Redwood Motorsports
MPP Front and Rear Floating Brake Rotors
Cobalt XR2 Pads
Nice. Before the Ohlins I think you were on stock springs and dampers. Is that right?