Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Thread: Model 3s on the Track / drag strip- Videos, Discussion, Setup, Etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow driving dynamics obsessed individuals. I would Highly appreciate any input you guys might have on my moving to 245 or 255 PS4S for my incoming P3. I don't care about speed so much as not losing driving feel.

Thank you!

Hello fellow driving dynamics obsessed individuals. I would Highly appreciate any input you guys might have on my moving to 245 or 255 PS4S for my incoming P3. I don't care about speed so much as not losing driving feel.

Thank you!

255's should fit nicely on the 9" wide wheel.

Reactions: phantasms
Does anyone else have some Model 3+ Acceleration boost drag strip videos? I think my times are right in the middle of the other ones I have been able to find.
I don't have a video (and I can post my time slip if proof needed), but I took my AWD+ to the drag strip for the first time ever today, and at 94% SOC, I ran 11.899 seconds, with a trap speed of 116.53 MPH. On the stock 18' wheels with CrossClimate+ tires (I'm sure the Mustang GT driver I beat was delighted to lose to a car with winter tires) with the aero covers on, with mud flaps and the rain spoiler on the rear window as the only external modifications.

Reactions: 1.21GW
Ben Schaffer Unplugged Performance comes through again helping us take 1st and 2nd place at the CalClub Autocross this weekend. Joining the UP team has helped us get 5 wins this season. My favorite part of the weekend was seeing a few of my friends giggle as they drove my UP equipped Model 3 Performance. It’s crazy how much grip it has and how ridiculously fast it turns in which always results in heavy cone carnage for my friends first laps. It’s been a fun season!!!

Attachments

• C7C0E36E-0628-4C20-B538-0A4D063986C8.jpeg
    C7C0E36E-0628-4C20-B538-0A4D063986C8.jpeg
    682.4 KB · Views: 112
  • CCC17F11-D729-4DC8-ADEA-5B82D43AFF50.jpeg
    CCC17F11-D729-4DC8-ADEA-5B82D43AFF50.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 9167F8BF-EE15-4430-8299-405E319BC1AB.jpeg
    9167F8BF-EE15-4430-8299-405E319BC1AB.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 6F11E1EA-F878-4BA6-B38E-38C6BC5377A4.jpeg
    6F11E1EA-F878-4BA6-B38E-38C6BC5377A4.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 83
I love how the mods move everything into a master thread so no one can ever find it…

This master thread was requested by track focused members specifically so they could find posts, instead of them getting pushed off the page immediately. I was perfectly fine with not doing that for track threads as there were not "that many" of them, that they took over the subforum like some other topics do.

The request was made by a member under the premise that they couldnt find track posts, and we dont have a specific track subforum. This can be seen in the very first post in this thread.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Ben Schaffer Unplugged Performance comes through again helping us take 1st and 2nd place at the CalClub Autocross this weekend. Joining the UP team has helped us get 5 wins this season. My favorite part of the weekend was seeing a few of my friends giggle as they drove my UP equipped Model 3 Performance. It’s crazy how much grip it has and how ridiculously fast it turns in which always results in heavy cone carnage for my friends first laps. It’s been a fun season!!!
Congrats!

Just curious... what wheels (brand/specs) and tires (sizes) are you running?

Another King of the Hill (#3) 👑🥳
Brand new hill we set up 1.3 miles 609 ft elevation. ...next west coast - Mary Hill Loops, WA, Sept 18-19!!!
IMG_3646.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

IMG_E4237.JPG

pretty fun a few sketchy spots but it is a Hill climb 🤘
no hay bales harmed in the making of this video -
but here -
I managed to do a little fender work on my last run on the first day 🥳
prepping for flares and bigger racing rubber;)
oops.jpg

Smashy, Smashy🙃
IMG_4220.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG

IMG_4228.JPG

really would be nice to have a racing forum w/ sub threads
...It'd be nice to have Hill climb stuff in one place, track in another, auto x in another. and drag strip maybe can go to 'off topic' ;)

Last edited:
This master thread was requested by track focused members specifically so they could find posts, instead of them getting pushed off the page immediately. I was perfectly fine with not doing that for track threads as there were not "that many" of them, that they took over the subforum like some other topics do.

The request was made by a member under the premise that they couldnt find track posts, and we dont have a specific track subforum. This can be seen in the very first post in this thread.
Makes sense, also I did not go back to the first post in the thread as my post was merged into this one.

Also, could I make a request? If we are going to do master threads, can we have a separation of "Track racing" and "drag racing" videos? i.e. two different master threads. They have different audiences

• Love
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Results from Tesla Corsa 16 PB of 1:43.068, Previous PB was 1:43.65. Not as great of an improvement as I was expecting since it was dry this time, I just need more time on the track. I know I lost a bunch of time on turn one on my PB lap, going flatout over it is hard on the nerves 😭. Also tons of time everywhere else, corkscrew especially.

Mod List - 2019 Model 3 Performance

MPP Brake reservoir brace
UPP Front Upper Control Arms
UPP Rear Camber Arms
UPP Rear Toe Arms
MPP Solid Front Lower Control Arm Bearings
MPP Solid Front Compression Rod Bearings
MPP Sport Coilovers (previously Ohlins DFV Coilovers from Redwood Motorsports)
Konig Dekagram 18x9.5 +25
Yokohama A052 275/40r18
Scroth E90 QuickFit 4-Point Harness
Stock Front Rotors MPP Front and Rear Floating Brake Rotors
Cobalt XR2 Pads Front & Rear

Previous PB

Dear Tesla community!
Let me share with you track Tesla Model 3 Performance build, not daily driving car.

The story starts this spring when I brought my 18' stock M3P on karting track with only mods in it - TE37 wheels + PS Cup2 tyres.1860kg, no driver.
Felt in Love with it).

This video(s) is in RUS, sorry for this, you can try to enable EN subtitles.
Stage 0, stock M3P on track

A bit later we started to prepare another my 18' M3P for UTAS (Ukrainian Time Attack Series) for AWD class (there are 3 awd classes in UTAS separated by level of mods according to reglament - AWDlight, AWD, Supersport). Starting from 1st stage we participate in 2 classes - "medium" AWD and "top" Supersport.

This video is about 1st stage, mods, problems and 1st podium:
Stage 1, track M3P

LIst of mods on stage1:
- Weds TC105x 18/10.5/ET25 (+8mm spacers in front)
- Advan A052 295/35/18
- UP street coilovers (90F/140R springs)
- UP rear sway bar
- Sparco Circuit 2 + Sparco grid seats
- Custom Fuca, custom Rear perpendicular arms, custom toe+camber arms, some rubber bushings changed to solid in the most critical places
- Front McLaren 390*36 CCM brakes, steel brake lines, Castrol SRF fluid
-2 camber, 0 toe all around
- rear seats removal + some other stuff removed
1702kg no driver

This video is about stage 2&3 of UTAS.
Unfortunately we did not manage to take any podium on stage 2, However we learned a lot about M3P on it, found decision and on stage 3 took 1&1 places.
The only change in car - we made revalving of street coils to make it capable keep heavy chasis on sticky A052 making less body roll. Of course better idea would be simply to buy UP race spec coils, but we had no time...
Here let me say THANK you to Ben Shaffer for all discussions and help given to my team to make my car more stable. Since we know now not only how UP products "outside" but also "inside" - let me say- Top Notch True Motorsport components, simply, reliable, high quality, easy to tune. Nothing can compare x2-x3 price to it!
Stage 2&3, UTAS, Track M3P

This is not the story end)
Let me continue by my Instagram channel, later we will make some video about it ...
Rollbar, Easy Release on steering wheel, CCM Rear brakes, UP LSD, Cooling Modification, and lots of carbon lightweight parts...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSkXqSFIAe_/?utm_medium=copy_link
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSh2GpvoCq7/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS4kSLZIAYO/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSh69K3ITQy/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSzI2aMIkzm/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSo0bOnofBc/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSzLimHI4je/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSzOhoqo0u-/?utm_medium=copy_link

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost associated with this?
Well I got good deal on this set, so under 10k including adapters and centers, normally it should be higher. For example to build a bit cheaper set based in Chevy CCM the cost would look like:
4*1500=6k+ on rotors
2*1800=3.6k+ on calipers/pads
+ Rotor centers+adapters+ labor cost (2k+)
+ MS EPB calipers (i bought used for 200usd/pair)

Reactions: Theraven and Sam1