Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Thread: Model 3s on the Track / drag strip- Videos, Discussion, Setup, Etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update: track event went well, and the car did great, IMO.

I’ll post some pics and more thoughts later,

For now, I’m curious if anyone has a suggestion for remedying the extended brake pedal travel that I’m feeling now? Car still stops fine, but the pedal travels at least twice as far as it did before the event. What can be done to restore the firm pedal feel?
Check your pads and rotors for wear and flush your brake fluid. Should be good to go after that assuming no issues with hardware.

Here's a writeup of my experience at the MFD Classic driving event which took place at Grattan Raceway Park in Belding MI April 28-30:

quattroworld.com Forums: I had a blast - MFD puts on a great event!

00-ibHXN-n_67rQdtsZ46PDaR-A9SED-Z2TZYfsxGmOewx8io79EzqVehAAn03uo2fRldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

TL;DR : Big fun, diverse crowd, car did great!

Last edited:
Here's a writeup of my experience at the MFD Classic driving event which took place at Grattan Raceway Park in Belding MI April 28-30:

quattroworld.com Forums: I had a blast - MFD puts on a great event!

00-ibHXN-n_67rQdtsZ46PDaR-A9SED-Z2TZYfsxGmOewx8io79EzqVehAAn03uo2fRldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

TL;DR : Big fun, diverse crowd, car did great!
That's awesome. Glad you had a good time. Seems you experienced what I did with a stock car. Tires were the weakness and I was also very impressed with the stock brakes. Very fun car on track.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and Zcd1
Touge2Track puts on interesting events. Last weekend was on two separate tracks at Willow Springs.

I was able to get a few laps in at Streets of Willow in the morning and spent the rest of the day at Horse Thief Mile in their Touge Battle. I was top seed out of qualifying with a 1:04.9 lap time. The battle was bracket format starting with the top 16 qualifiers. It was a bit tricky to keep battery state of charge in a good range throughout the event. I used 30% of battery in the morning session at SoW so I limited my Touge practice to two hot laps and then two laps for qualifying. I ran back to the 14-50 outlet in the paddock between each session.

The battles started after lunch so I was able charge back to 80% to start the brackets. By the time I made it to the final battle run I was down to 40% and could really feel the loss of power, but was elated to pull out a win. This was a bit of redemption for me as the first time I participated in this event a couple of years ago I had just gotten my car and was knocked out in the first round by Adam in his Fiat, so it was nice to get the opportunity to go head to head with him again.

Tried out a new set of Nankang CR-S tires for the event. First time on the tire. They had great grip early and were consistent throughout the day. The Mountain Pass Performance ParyBox makes the car feel alive on a tight track like this. Also ran my new Nine live Racing 71 inch wing. I felt it helped in qualifying on the higher-speed turn 1, but don't know that it makes much difference elsewhere on this track. Still fun to run it though.

Last edited:
Touge2Track puts on interesting events. Last weekend was on two separate tracks at Willow Springs.

I was able to get a few laps in at Streets of Willow in the morning and spent the rest of the day at Horse Thief Mile in their Touge Battle. I was top seed out of qualifying with a 1:04.9 lap time. The battle was bracket format starting with the top 16 qualifiers. It was a bit tricky to keep battery state of charge in a good range throughout the event. I used 30% of battery in the morning session at SoW so I limited my Touge practice to two hot laps and then two laps for qualifying. I ran back to the 14-50 outlet in the paddock between each session.

The battles started after lunch so I was able charge back to 80% to start the brackets. By the time I made it to the final battle run I was down to 40% and could really feel the loss of power, but was elated to pull out a win. This was a bit of redemption for me as the first time I participated in this event a couple of years ago I had just gotten my car and was knocked out in the first round by Adam in his Fiat, so it was nice to get the opportunity to go head to head with him again.

Tried out a new set of Nankang CR-S tires for the event. First time on the tire. They had great grip early and were consistent throughout the day. The Mountain Pass Performance ParyBox makes the car feel alive on a tight track like this. Also ran my new Nine live Racing 71 inch wing. I felt it helped in qualifying on the higher-speed turn 1, but don't know that it makes much difference elsewhere on this track. Still fun to run it though.

do you have video of the earlier race with the Fiat? didn’t see on your channel

fyi @pikeman

Great video and cool concept. Hadn't seen it before. But I was referring to the earlier race a couple years ago with the Fiat when it knocked you out. Maybe no fancy drones back then.
the first time I participated in this event a couple of years ago I had just gotten my car and was knocked out in the first round by Adam in his Fiat,

I went to Willow Springs yesterday for a drag race. M3P did really great. Here are some clips:

0:00 = BMW 340i
0:22 = Modded Silver GR Supra
0:56 = BMW M2
2:10 = Modded Camaro in Drag radial
2:44 = Modded Jeep Grand Cherokee
3:30 = Modded Blue GR Supra
4:31 = Tesla Model S "Plaid"

1689554250308.png
1689554270921.png
1689554289905.png

1689554314935.png
1689554334673.png
1689554353332.png
1689554371771.png
1689554389179.png

Good times at Pacific Raceways last night! The Rivian guys were out in force, got a pic of six of em parked together but I think there were more than that, they were getting 11.7-11.8 ETs.
IMG_5214x.jpg

I made 7 passes and every single one was 11.4xx, with a best of 11.436, these times are pretty much identical to what I was running last year. I started the night with 96% soc and ended with 81% I think. Car is a Feb '22 M3P with 18k miles. Don't pay attention to that reaction time lol.
IMG_5220x.jpg

Good times at Pacific Raceways last night! The Rivian guys were out in force, got a pic of six of em parked together but I think there were more than that, they were getting 11.7-11.8 ETs.
View attachment 967933

I made 7 passes and every single one was 11.4xx, with a best of 11.436, these times are pretty much identical to what I was running last year. I started the night with 96% soc and ended with 81% I think. Car is a Feb '22 M3P with 18k miles. Don't pay attention to that reaction time lol.
View attachment 967934
Not bad at all driving a vehicle that does low 11’s 👍🏻 but would be much better if one can do 10’s without paying over $80K.. 😬🤣 I had to buy an MYP that does about the same time.. Cause I couldn’t afford a Plaid 😬🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: phantasms