Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: post here if you know that a Supercharger is down due to utility power shutdowns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Due to the current electric power emergency situation in California I am going to use this thread as a master list of Supercharger locations that are known to be inoperative due to the electric utility power shutdowns. I will attempt to keep this post updated with such a list, but I cannot update this list in real time, there may be lags. Bear with me, please.

Supercharger Location ———-Date of Shutdown —- Date Back in Operation

Fish Camp (Oct 28)
Groveland (Oct 28)

————————————————————————————————————————————
Only post here if you know a Supercharger is completely inoperative due to a grid power shutdown, or if a Supercharger that was shut down is now back in operation.

Do not post in this thread general commentary about the shutdown, or a duplicate post saying a Supercharger is shut down when someone else has already stated that.

Please do not post rumors or speculation. Second hand information is okay as long as you trust the source.

For general discussion of the situation, please use this thread
MASTER THREAD: Possible PG&E power shutdowns in various parts of California

————————————————————————————————————————————-
LA Times article on Oct 9, 2019: Millions without power as PG&E shuts down grid amid critical fire danger

The first power cutoffs, affecting about 513,000 customers, began shortly after midnight in several counties around Sacramento, including Placer and Yuba, amid strengthening winds and continued to roll out into the early morning hours, eventually leaving millions of Californians in the dark.

By 12:30 a.m., power was cut in large portions of wine country, including Napa and Sonoma valleys. Portions of Marin County just north of San Francisco lost power next. Minutes later, the utility cut service in El Dorado County and sections of the upper Sacramento Valley. By 5 a.m., the outages had extended to Humbolt County to the north, Marin County to the south and as far as Nevada County to the east, according to a map provided by the utility.

The second phase of the shutoff is expected to occur around noon in areas around Silicon Valley and the East San Francisco Bay. About 234,000 customers in Alameda, Alpine, Contra Costa, Mariposa, San Joaquin, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties are expected to lose power between noon and about 5 p.m.

Last edited:
I'm going from memory since I'm not in my car, but I believe the Nav is showing Eureka, Laytonville, Ukiah, Corte Madera, Placerville, Hollister, Groveland and Fish Camp as being temporarily closed, presumably due to the power outages. I'm hearing on the news that they are restoring (or already have restored?) power to much of the state today. Does anyone have current on the ground info for these supercharger sites? The ones I'm most curious about are Placerville and Laytonville.

I'm going from memory since I'm not in my car, but I believe the Nav is showing Eureka, Laytonville, Ukiah, Corte Madera, Placerville, Hollister, Groveland and Fish Camp as being temporarily closed, presumably due to the power outages. I'm hearing on the news that they are restoring (or already have restored?) power to much of the state today. Does anyone have current on the ground info for these supercharger sites? The ones I'm most curious about are Placerville and Laytonville.

Power is definitely still out in Fish Camp and Groveland.

Moderator note: some posts removed because they were about the general subject of the power shutdowns and did not follow the guidelines clearly stated in the post starting this thread, specifically:

Only post here if you know a Supercharger is completely inoperative due to a grid power shutdown, or if a Supercharger that was shut down is now back in operation.

Do not post in this thread general commentary about the shutdown, or a duplicate post saying a Supercharger is shut down when someone else has already stated that.

Thank you.