Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Master Thread?] PPF, Ceramic Coating, and Tint in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to start a Master Thread with shop pricing and your experience (if work was completed) for PPF (scope and brand included), ceramic coating, and window tint. I've currently received pricing from 1 shop:

Concours Auto Spa - Torrance, CA
PPF: Suntek Ultra - (10 year warranty) Full front (hood, bumpers fenders mirrors + rocker panels) = $1600.00 + $450.00
Ceramic coating: Crystal serum ultra (9 year warranty) applied to body and PPF = $1,200.00
Tint: Suntek CIR (lifetime warranty) - windshield, side windows, rear window = $680.00
Package discount ($300.00)
Total: $3,630.00

I'd like to start a Master Thread with shop pricing and your experience (if work was completed) for PPF (scope and brand included), ceramic coating, and window tint. I've currently received pricing from 1 shop:

PPF: Suntek Ultra - (10 year warranty) Full front (hood, bumpers fenders mirrors + rocker panels) = $1600.00 + $450.00
Ceramic coating: Crystal serum ultra (9 year warranty) applied to body and PPF = $1,200.00
Tint: Suntek CIR (lifetime warranty) - windshield, side windows, rear window = $680.00

Give Extreme Autowerks a call. Lots of great experience from Tesla owners on here.
www.extremeautowerks.net
600 Lunar Ave, Suite B
Brea, California 92821
(562) 551-8070

They also carry the best heat blocking window tint in the industry - Spectra Photosync IRD. www.prestige-films.com/spectra-photosync
We've been carrying the Photosync line since 2010, and the new IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion technology) line came out last year which improved on what was already the best tint in the industry.

We know the Extreme team personally, and you'd be hard pressed to find work better than theirs in the Socal area. Their PPF applications are also Custom installed, so the seams will be minimized compared to "pre-cut kits" and "custom pre-cut kits".

One of the biggest mistakes consumers often make is basing their decision solely on pricing. Taking a look at the work in person will help you determine whether the installation company's work matches yours. We've seen too many car owners regret their decisions not realizing that the outcome of a PPF installation have much to do with experience and installation know-how. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Premiertint
I don't know the legalities on this, but I know that it's a bit frowned upon to post pricing publicly without the permission of the shop owners and management. Authorized Vendors on this forum PAY a pretty hefty amount MONTHLY to be part of this community.

With that said, I understand the idea of posting a price comparison for all to see and maybe bring more transparency with everything. In a perfect, "all things being equal", world, it's a good idea. However, that simply isn't the case. There are countless variables that cannot be compared side by side. in Paint Protection Film, Ceramic Coating, Vehicle Wraps, Window Films and other products and services, there are different brands, quality levels of product within each brand, what is covered, packages, and most of all... quality of installation.

If you're seeking the lowest price, that is what you'll find.

Our clients do a lot of research, emails, phone calls, and "interviewing" before selecting a shop to do work on their vehicles. Most of the time, the shop they ultimately choose is not the one with the lowest price.

Just my 2 cents.

;)