Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Rear view camera image goes black [2019-2020]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this issue? I am on software version 2019.12.1.2

It started today. I found multiple similar issues online but they seemed all self-resolved with waiting / retrying / rebooting. But none of them works for me so far, and it is consistently black :(

12.1.2 here still happening. Happened a lot over the last few updates (3-5 months).

For what it's worth, the more I use Sentry Mode, the more common it seems to happen.

Tried resetting it multiple times with both toggles+brake--does not seem to fix the issue.

New Model 3 AWD Dual Motor with 331 miles on it. Put it in reverse and rear camera is black (but still has backup guidelines in the otherwise blank/black screen).

Version is 2019-12.1.2

Do I need to go to service center or call for the mobile service? This is a brand new car, just delivered. Could be something I was not advised of during home delivery?

They must have cheaped out on the backup cam. In 3 years and over 100k miles on my Model S, the backup camera was instant and flawless the entire time. The one in my Model 3 is a gamble every time, usually failing to load when I need it most. Very frustrating.

Reactions: GuyDude