Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the white interior looks a lot sharper but I wear denim jeans almost exclusively so I'm a little worried that these could be high maintenance. I use Gyeon Leathershield on my X3M interior and it's done a good job keeping my Adelaide Grey seats clean but these look pure white.

No idea what this is from. I’ve never spilled anything, and only me and my wife have ever sat in the seat a handful of times.

I’ve tried cleaning with baby wipes, but it’s not doing a thing. Anyone have any ideas on what to try? Almost looks like a chemical reaction, but don’t what it could be from…

Attachments

• 79F841D2-D146-4B62-8382-A2617369D7BD.jpeg
    79F841D2-D146-4B62-8382-A2617369D7BD.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 520
Have you read through the stickied thread on this topic to see if anything in there can help?

Did you ever get the stain out OP?

I’d recommend ceramic coaching your seats. I used Gyeon Q2 Leathershield a year ago (takes 20 minutes to apply) and have had no stains (I wear jeans everyday and haul around small, often dirty kids).

Hello all,

I have started to notice some stains that have been increasingly harder to remove. The car is less than 3 months old and barely has 2000 miles on it. I have showed this to Tesla service and said that it was normal west and tear. I usually wear jeans but have never experienced stains this hard to remove.

I owned a Jaguar XE with beige interior before the Model 3, which still got stains but were easily removed.

I have tried the following with little to no luck

1) Warm Water & detergent
2) Leather cleaner
3) Stain remover
4) Baby wipes
5) Vinyl cleaner

I have not tried magic eraser due to its abrasive properties, however I heard that orange degreaser works well.

Thoughts?

C4E504B6-1243-4C4F-95DB-C0B29580B642.jpeg
9B3381CF-8E02-4F88-80A6-EAE2D7A99D81.jpeg
6D1AB299-1008-42C3-B122-E168BB83CA21.jpeg

The “stretch mark” looking stains on the lower bolster, I believe is from the compressing of the material when getting in and out of the car. Not much you can do for that as fair as removal goes. Mine also has it, albeit not that bad currently just over 30k miles.
As far as the other stains go. If the warm water and dawn. Didn’t get it I wouldn’t use harsher chemicals or magic eraser as you risk. Making it look a lot worse. I typically use 303 aerospace for cleaning and protection..
And being white it doesn’t dye the stitching an off color that some other cleaners/ protectants might.. I also coated seats with gyeon leather shield when new. And just recently again the other day 1.5 years later. You could try IPA.. once cleaned to the best of its ability I’d coat the seats to give it a little more protection from further stains/damage.. frequent cleaning and protection with 303.
If the stains really bother you I’ve seen ppl on YouTube buy the taptes seat covers.
…. It appears tsportline also has a full seat of covers. And currently running 10% off

Reactions: Falcon20
The white seats are such a mystery. Lost of posters say baby wipes take care of everything and still look new and then you see threads and photos where owners can't remove stains. Looks like denim transfer but I'm not sure why your seats won't clean when other people say theirs are easily cleaned.

I once had a stubborn stain on my white leather seats. A diluted solution of 50% Simple Green and 50% water got the stain out. I would spray a small test area on your seat with this solution. Let it dwell for a minute or two, then gently rub it with a microfiber towel.

Good luck!

The white seats are such a mystery. Lost of posters say baby wipes take care of everything and still look new and then you see threads and photos where owners can't remove stains. Looks like denim transfer but I'm not sure why your seats won't clean when other people say theirs are easily cleaned.
As I understand it, and I might be mistaken, is that the trick is generally to try and get rid of the stains as soon as possible with baby wipes etc. If you just layer more and more dye on top of it, because you basically never clean them or do it infrequently enough that it is left to sit on the seats with whatever sun etc is out there "curing" it, then it gets harder or perhaps even impossible to remove.

There doesn't seem to be any logic otherwise to why some people have no problems at all just using baby wipes, and the OP can't shift this stuff with a whole host of cleaning fluids.

As I understand it, and I might be mistaken, is that the trick is generally to try and get rid of the stains as soon as possible with baby wipes etc. If you just layer more and more dye on top of it, because you basically never clean them or do it infrequently enough that it is left to sit on the seats with whatever sun etc is out there "curing" it, then it gets harder or perhaps even impossible to remove.

There doesn't seem to be any logic otherwise to why some people have no problems at all just using baby wipes, and the OP can't shift this stuff with a whole host of cleaning fluids.
Wish Tesla would cover it under warranty warranty since Its still new. Never knew that the white was this much maintenance heavy

I once had a stubborn stain on my white leather seats. A diluted solution of 50% Simple Green and 50% water got the stain out. I would spray a small test area on your seat with this solution. Let it dwell for a minute or two, then gently rub it with a microfiber towel.

Good luck!
Thank you for the suggestions! Unfortunately however the stains still didn’t come off with simple green. I’ll ask the detailer that is coming over on Friday.

I have tried many products (water, wipes, leather cleaner, interior detailer, 91% isopropyl alcohol, various soaps) and nothing seems to remove the blue jean stains. A tiny bit comes off with much rubbing but I am afraid that if I keep this up I will start to break down the seat material itself. It appears to be permanent.

I am coming to terms with the fact that my white seat bottom may always have a light blue tint, and I suppose it's not so bad but I'd love to clean it if possible.
I only wear jeans on weekends fwiw. I suppose I could use a seat cover.

Any suggestions appreciated.