Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gyeon Leather Shield seems to suddenly be out of stock everywhere. I’ve placed orders at four different stores that listed it as “In Stock” only to have those orders cancelled and my money refunded. Does anyone know what’s up with Gyeon? Is anyone happy with an alternative?

Thanks!

I was in the furniture business for over 50 years, jean dye transfer was always an issue on light colors. Also owned Mercedes with light tan seats that had dye transfer from blue jean.

Impossible to remove. CAB has the only answer, you will need to recoat that part of the seat.

Any competant leather repair shop should be able to top coat. Google to find someone local.

Well, lo and behold, I picked the hat up and it left behind a nasty surprise. The seat now has a black fabric dye stain that I’ve now exhausted my options to get clean. Before you offer suggestions, I’ve searched on here and read every thread I could. I’ve tried just about all of it. At this point I’ve pretty much given up. Anything above what I’ve already done is likely to do some damage to the fabric. Hell, I may have already done that.

:(
I was in the cleaning business for 20 years, my new light colored airplane seats suffered permanent stains caused by blue jeans, jeans that I've worn for 4-5 years, I tried everything and couldn't move more than about 30% of the stains. The manufacturer said, that had never happened before! In any case I ordered all new leather seats and not a problem since. Sorry, but leather is just better, much better.

Are there any white interior people out there that can attest to these seats not staining at literally the drop of a hat? Makes me nervous about getting a white interior
White on all 3 Teslas and no staining. If anything gets on the seats I use HI-TECH extra foamy with excellent success every time. I use it on every thing plastic, vinyl, leather, synthetic leather, etc... truly great stuff.

Yes, the seats will get dirty if you're a slob or wear grease-soaked work pants in the car.

If I am reading it correctly, I think the post is asking about "stretch marks", not stains.

I have white in my Model 3 - October 2018 and 30,000 km. Seats are still super white (I do clean them with VLR regularly and it works great) but I do have some "stretch marks" on the driver's side seat bottom bolster.

Reactions: Saturday
Arg, I put my dog booster seat in the rear and at the bottom are this anti slip material and it apparently bled into the seats leaving little black dots all over the bottom. Nothing seems to take it out, 99% alcohol, acetone, interior cleaner, magic eraser. Looks like I’ll be buying a new white bottom from Tesla. Hopefully it’s not too expensive.

Reactions: powerlord
Arg, I put my dog booster seat in the rear and at the bottom are this anti slip material and it apparently bled into the seats leaving little black dots all over the bottom. Nothing seems to take it out, 99% alcohol, acetone, interior cleaner, magic eraser. Looks like I’ll be buying a new white bottom from Tesla. Hopefully it’s not too expensive.

that sucks! If you do buy it let us know. Curious how much it is

Hi all, new here, plan to order my first Tesla (M3 SR+) this fall. Sat in both white and black interiors, really liked white. But this thread gives me second thoughts. Are these hard to wash stains statistically common or rare exceptions ? Was there any poll among white interior owners as to the frequency of permanent staining ?
Perhaps I should call Tesla store and ask if they can give me a small sample of white material so I can experiment with different solvents - soap, IPA, naphta before committing to white interior.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X
Hi all, new here, plan to order my first Tesla (M3 SR+) this fall. Sat in both white and black interiors, really liked white. But this thread gives me second thoughts. Are these hard to wash stains statistically common or rare exceptions ? Was there any poll among white interior owners as to the frequency of permanent staining ?
Perhaps I should call Tesla store and ask if they can give me a small sample of white material so I can experiment with different solvents - soap, IPA, naphta before committing to white interior.

There is no staining at all with the white seats. Anything spilled on them can be cleaned right off. Not sure what some people in this thread have been doing in their cars to have get some of these marks and "stains" and what not but it's not a normal thing if you simply clean your seats once a week and not put stuff on them that might leave a mark lol. If you get black you will regret not getting white

12,500+ miles on my SR+ and my seats look the same as day one. All I do is wipe them once a week and they barely get dirty anyway. As long as you take care of the white seats they will stay clean and look brand new and they do not require a lot of maintenance.

I've put down a bunch of stuff in the rear seats and got some marks on them but all it takes is a simple spritz and wipe and it's all gone. Usually just people sitting on my seats and that's it. Anything else goes in the trunk or on the floor.

I'll post a pic of my seat later. I wear dark denim and black jeans a lot too. No permanent dye transfer

Get the white interior. You'll love it

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this helps or not - admittedly, I've only had my white seats for 3+ weeks - but I have already had my first accident; a full large Starbucks coffee was spilled the other day ...... a basic baby wipe cleaned up them very easily .... 3 days later - and you would not know anything had happened! I have continually seen people on youtube claim that jean-transfer is "cleanable" as long as you wipe (with a basic baby wipe) the seats down on a regular basis; I have worn jeans a few times already and have sat in the car for 3 hours+ on one occasion and saw no issues at all; the white seats look ABSOLUTELY great (especially with the metallic blue and multi-coat red)

John

There is no staining at all with the white seats. Anything spilled on them can be cleaned right off. Not sure what some people in this thread have been doing in their cars to have get some of these marks and "stains" and what not but it's not a normal thing if you simply clean your seats once a week and not put stuff on them that might leave a mark lol. If you get black you will regret not getting white

12,500+ miles on my SR+ and my seats look the same as day one. All I do is wipe them once a week and they barely get dirty anyway. As long as you take care of the white seats they will stay clean and look brand new and they do not require a lot of maintenance.

I've put down a bunch of stuff in the rear seats and got some marks on them but all it takes is a simple spritz and wipe and it's all gone. Usually just people sitting on my seats and that's it. Anything else goes in the trunk or on the floor.

I'll post a pic of my seat later. I wear dark denim and black jeans a lot too. No permanent dye transfer

Get the white interior. You'll love it
My experience as well.