Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know why people discount other's experiences but I can assure you there is no conspiracy going on. I got stains that I could not remove with acetone / 90% isopropyl alcohol / magic eraser / car pro interior cleaner and I could not remove the dots that seemed to get burned in from the anti slip mat that is used on the dog booster seat, https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products-Bucket-Booster-Small/dp/B004ZJOKL2/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=dog+booster+seat&qid=1602984067&sr=8-9

Now this stain didn't just happen overnight, I left the booster seats there for about 3 months and a mix of heat in the garage during the summer months probably baked the anti slip dots in. In previous cars with light interiors (BMW M3, Silverstone interior), I never worried about it but with this car, I now put a towel down and then put the booster seat on top of it. Do I regret the white interior? I wouldn't say I do, but I just wish I knew I had to be a little more careful with it compared to other manufacturers. I did get blue jean stains but that was simple to wipe off with the car pro interior cleaner.

Reactions: N.Y.R.
Don't know why people discount other's experiences but I can assure you there is no conspiracy going on. I got stains that I could not remove with acetone / 90% isopropyl alcohol / magic eraser / car pro interior cleaner and I could not remove the dots that seemed to get burned in from the anti slip mat that is used on the dog booster seat, https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products...ywords=dog+booster+seat&qid=1602984067&sr=8-9
https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products...ywords=dog+booster+seat&qid=1602984067&sr=8-9
Now this stain didn't just happen overnight, I left the booster seats there for about 3 months and a mix of heat in the garage during the summer months probably baked the anti slip dots in. In previous cars with light interiors (BMW M3, Silverstone interior), I never worried about it but with this car, I now put a towel down and then put the booster seat on top of it. Do I regret the white interior? I wouldn't say I do, but I just wish I knew I had to be a little more careful with it compared to other manufacturers. I did get blue jean stains but that was simple to wipe off with the car pro interior cleaner.
Yeah that is a big time bummer. I would see if service center has any suggestions? I would also recommend just using a white towel instead of the booster seat covers.

Don't know why people discount other's experiences but I can assure you there is no conspiracy going on. I got stains that I could not remove with acetone / 90% isopropyl alcohol / magic eraser / car pro interior cleaner and I could not remove the dots that seemed to get burned in from the anti slip mat that is used on the dog booster seat, https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products...ywords=dog+booster+seat&qid=1602984067&sr=8-9
https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products...ywords=dog+booster+seat&qid=1602984067&sr=8-9

Putting a white towel on the seat before installing the booster might have made a difference.
The order page for white seats should have a box to check. I have common sense and understand white anything can get dirty or stained and needs special care.

Putting a white towel on the seat before installing the booster might have made a difference.
The order page for white seats should have a box to check. I have common sense and understand white anything can get dirty or stained and needs special care.

I'm not sure what you are insinuating but as I said, I had a Silverstone interior (very light interior, silvery white) in my previous BMW and I had no problems using the booster seats in that car.

56B1A77C-A950-42C5-B3C3-C543E40F1F63.jpeg
A70E128D-548F-41A9-BAC4-DA71DF771E0F.jpeg
Does anyone have success getting these stretch marks out? Most noticeable in low light and seats look fine under bright light. I’ve tried dawn/water, degreaser, alcohol and steamer. Someone else has the same issue and asked Daerik about it on his live stream last night. I decided to schedule a service and see what they say. I hope I have better luck than my last few visits.

View attachment 626747 View attachment 626750 Does anyone have success getting these stretch marks out? Most noticeable in low light and seats look fine under bright light. I’ve tried dawn/water, degreaser, alcohol and steamer. Someone else has the same issue and asked Daerik about it on his live stream last night. I decided to schedule a service and see what they say. I hope I have better luck than my last few visits.
I use Dawn/water, then go over it with a Magic Eraser. Wipe down and all those stretch marks are gone!

• Informative
Reactions: Payjack
Please post pics of the famous 'magic eraser'; have no ideal what it is. But sounds like paint, or a permanent marker, no? I have to say if there are such marks on the seats since new, they're probably from the way the material was stitched together. There's no way you can make it flat (all stretched) just using such markers. You might hide the crease, or mark, but it's not going to eliminate it. Fortunately, our car has none of that in the visible areas, so glad for that. The only minor 'wrinkles' are on the rear panel right below the seatback, and it's not bad enough to cause a crease, so will leave it alone.

As far as cleaning, I didn't want to use anything, but unfortunately, just a microfiber rag damp with sprayed distilled water wasn't enough to remove jean stains from dealer personnel, so had to use leather cleaner. And it worked great. Much prefer to use something mild like that, than actual household cleaners, like many use. But it's good to know nothing reportedly happens with them.

Please post pics of the famous 'magic eraser'; have no ideal what it is. But sounds like paint, or a permanent marker, no? I have to say if there are such marks on the seats since new, they're probably from the way the material was stitched together. There's no way you can make it flat (all stretched) just using such markers. You might hide the crease, or mark, but it's not going to eliminate it. Fortunately, our car has none of that in the visible areas, so glad for that. The only minor 'wrinkles' are on the rear panel right below the seatback, and it's not bad enough to cause a crease, so will leave it alone.

As far as cleaning, I didn't want to use anything, but unfortunately, just a microfiber rag damp with sprayed distilled water wasn't enough to remove jean stains from dealer personnel, so had to use leather cleaner. And it worked great. Much prefer to use something mild like that, than actual household cleaners, like many use. But it's good to know nothing reportedly happens with them.

Melamine foam - Wikipedia

They do work well on some surfaces.

They are mildly abrasive (or something) - they definitely will take the shine off polyurethane finished surfaces so be careful (from experience).

Magic Erasers | Mr Clean®

That is a link for the magic eraser and I didn't pull the trigger yet on it. I decided to schedule a service center appointment for next week and I will see what they recommend. They will probably think I'm crazy and say its within in spec. lol

Thank you. But that thing is to clean, no? I wouldn't use it for any other job. Ha ha. And actually not even for cleaning, unless nothing else worked. Seems stronger than it needs to be for the seat material, but maybe it's okay. My playbook is to always use the least strong cleaner that does the job, so will continue to use leather cleaner, which doesn't damage leather... which is supposedly more delicate than our material.

I submitted my photos in the service app and they sent me an email saying they have to order the part. They put the wrong part number (passenger side not drivers - NA-M3 PASS SEAT ASSY LHD RH PRM PUR WHT
Part #: 7654324-02-B) so I messaged them and they corrected it and sent me an invoice for $0.00 to approve. I think that’s a good sign but not getting my hopes up until my appointment next Friday.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
View attachment 626747 View attachment 626750 Does anyone have success getting these stretch marks out? Most noticeable in low light and seats look fine under bright light. I’ve tried dawn/water, degreaser, alcohol and steamer. Someone else has the same issue and asked Daerik about it on his live stream last night. I decided to schedule a service and see what they say. I hope I have better luck than my last few visits.

I was the one who asked him on live stream. YT name is SumTeslaGuy. HAHA! Small world. Im waiting to have mobile service look at a separate issue for me and while they are here, take a peak.

Reactions: Payjack
I submitted my photos in the service app and they sent me an email saying they have to order the part.
The photos you posted are really bad; can't see anything other than a white seat. So where exactly do you have the issue? And what did you mean by 'the part'? Is Tesla sending the seat cover? If yes, good luck getting a factory fit. Not even the best upholstery shops I tried could do a factory job. Hopefully where you live there are better ones :). Good luck.

The photos you posted are really bad; can't see anything other than a white seat. So where exactly do you have the issue? And what did you mean by 'the part'? Is Tesla sending the seat cover? If yes, good luck getting a factory fit. Not even the best upholstery shops I tried could do a factory job. Hopefully where you live there are better ones :). Good luck.

You might have to click on the picture to make it larger, but yes I agree the pictures make it hard to see (even when taken with a iPhone 12 max). I have included the email about my service center appointment. They shouldn’t be sending me anything since this is an appointment for the service center and they should be doing all the work.

E715B4F6-C350-4D02-8D62-9F58EBD24D8F.jpeg
435CCBEB-A986-48D2-8ADB-6EE1AF16C655.jpeg

You might have to click on the picture to make it larger, but yes I agree the pictures make it hard to see (even when taken with a iPhone 12 max). I have included the email about my service center appointment. They shouldn’t be sending me anything since this is an appointment for the service center and they should be doing all the work.

View attachment 627188 View attachment 627189
Wait. Are they replacing your seat cover for free?