Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FF1F91E6-A59C-4335-B061-B4E63E30B1AB.jpeg
no idea where this shadow stain came from. I’ve tried every method I can. Any help will be appreciated

Hi everyone, I just got a smoking deal on a P3 (2018 with FSD for 45.9) on Vroom and while it is great the white seats have marks on them that I can’t seem to get out. Anyone have suggestions? I don’t know if it’s dirt or Jean marks or what

Attachments

• 849FA5E3-FB98-4823-9BDA-A2AB4D422EB0.jpeg
    849FA5E3-FB98-4823-9BDA-A2AB4D422EB0.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 232DDA51-63F7-4562-A3D8-A8AF7819A1D9.jpeg
    232DDA51-63F7-4562-A3D8-A8AF7819A1D9.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 307
First thing will be to try spray sunscreen before you get into trying chemical cleaners. This is the specific one I use on vinyl (not joking, it works amazingly well):

Just spray a lot of it on and use a microfiber towel to rub it off. DO NOT use something like a magic eraser sponge or anything rough, or scrub it really hard with a cheap towel/low thread count (non-microfiber), you'll damage the finish of the seat.

If that doesn't work DM me and I'll point you in the direction of some stronger cleaners...but again, do not scrub the seat hard, let the cleaners do the work.

<edit> sunscreen is to clean the spots/stains off of the vinyl, not for general/regular cleaning. Use actual leather or vinyl cleaner for regular maintence.

Reactions: Maric
Idk if this has been posted yet, but while picking up my car I spoke to one of the guys who worked at tesla in the lot and they mentioned that they use MR Clean magic erasers on our white interiors to clean and prep the car before delivery. So maybe we can use that as a cleaning agent

Idk if this has been posted yet, but while picking up my car I spoke to one of the guys who worked at tesla in the lot and they mentioned that they use MR Clean magic erasers on our white interiors to clean and prep the car before delivery. So maybe we can use that as a cleaning agent
They are abrasive though and should only be used sparingly as a last resort. I could see the lot people using it as they don't particularly care if they are damaging the seats as long as they look clean enough to get you to accept delivery.

I used a dog seat cover that had anti slip rubber nubs on the bottom, after a week or so if it being in my car it has completely ruined my rear seats. I have tried a UV protectant/cleaner, soap and water, lighter fluid and nothing removes a single bit of it. Any ideas?
IMG-4125.jpg

I used a dog seat cover that had anti slip rubber nubs on the bottom, after a week or so if it being in my car it has completely ruined my rear seats. I have tried a UV protectant/cleaner, soap and water, lighter fluid and nothing removes a single bit of it. Any ideas?View attachment 810658

(moderator note)

merged thread with existing thread on removing stains from white seats. perhaps something in this thread can help you.

Don't know why people discount other's experiences but I can assure you there is no conspiracy going on. I got stains that I could not remove with acetone / 90% isopropyl alcohol / magic eraser / car pro interior cleaner and I could not remove the dots that seemed to get burned in from the anti slip mat that is used on the dog booster seat, https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products...ywords=dog+booster+seat&qid=1602984067&sr=8-9
Now this stain didn't just happen overnight, I left the booster seats there for about 3 months and a mix of heat in the garage during the summer months probably baked the anti slip dots in. In previous cars with light interiors (BMW M3, Silverstone interior), I never worried about it but with this car, I now put a towel down and then put the booster seat on top of it. Do I regret the white interior? I wouldn't say I do, but I just wish I knew I had to be a little more careful with it compared to other manufacturers. I did get blue jean stains but that was simple to wipe off with the car pro interior cleaner.

I had this exact issue (see above). Did you resolve it?

Had my car get detailed inside. Steam cleaning is my best recommendation for stains. The guy was able to get some off but the trick is to use a steam cleaner and a micro fiber attached to it to take off the blue stains. Guy managed to get off some and showed me.