Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1.1 170kW charging, Neural Net for Auto Wipers, Auto Lane Change quicker

Did you get 2019.40 or higher?

• Yes

Votes: 152 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 69.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019.40.1 will included SR+ charging to 170kW. Included improvements to lane changes and the automatic wipers.

Source: posted on Twitter by EAP participant.

The rate of improvement by Tesla is amazing. This may be their secret sauce, as more EV competition hits the market next year.
guessing on the rollout pattern, iterative bug fixes, etc., it will be a couple point releases before gen. pop. will likely see this. 40.2.x maybe? i'd like to see some wiper improvements in handling snow vs. rain, not if possible.

Seems like everyone is addicted to updates. They barely installed the last one or they are longing for the next one.

Time to start a SUA-group (Sofware Update Anonymous)?

Well the faster supercharging speed was originally mentioned in the previous update and then quickly removed in that next small point update. So for SR/SR+ owners this update brings a HUGE feature we were looking forward to from the last update :p

Reactions: Potpourri and Mr X
Haven’t seen this hit TeslaFi at all. I wonder if this coming week will be a roll out or if it was a REALLY early tweet leak...
It has been showing in the stats app, which usually shows the new releases first, TeslaFi follows when it goes wider. I think this is because people in EAP, worry TeslaFi provides details that could expose them whereas Stats provides little detail.

It is out there, but in EAP only. Give it a week.

It has been showing in the stats app, which usually shows the new releases first, TeslaFi follows when it goes wider. I think this is because people in EAP, worry TeslaFi provides details that could expose them whereas Stats provides little detail.

It is out there, but in EAP only. Give it a week.

The early access program is not active right now. There is a large group of early access members on TeslaFi.

Moderator note: let’s try to keep this thread focused on those who have received V2019.40.1 and their experience with it. So far all we seem to have is a tweet from someone who claims to be in the EAP and posted a photo of their “What’s New in this Update” screen. Which if they are in the EAP they should not have done. But it seems to be a real release.

Thank you.

So a week later we're at maybe one car on stats, and zero cars on teslafi - it seems fairly obvious that this isn't any kind of actual general release, do we really need to have this thread stickied?

Probably yes, otherwise we'll get a million people asking what happened to the 170kW faster supercharging and why they're not getting it in the previous release. I was actually one of those guys too; no one seemed to be talking about how the faster supercharging speed was missing, then I found out about this next point release and it being back in it...

Reactions: willow_hiller
I'm not sure what your reply has to do with my post. It's not a firmware version that people are actually getting, hence it shouldn't be stickied. However, there is a new 36.2.3 that has popped up tonight that people in model 3's are actually getting.