Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1.1 170kW charging, Neural Net for Auto Wipers, Auto Lane Change quicker

Did you get 2019.40 or higher?

• Yes

Votes: 152 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 69.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car downloaded it, now will not install it.
Screenshot_20191127-215215_Tesla.jpg

I got the notification around 8:45 PM Pacific. Went from 36.2.1 to 40.1.1.

2018 LR DM. Enhanced AP + FSD.

First time I've ever been in the first wave of a general software update. I usually don't get them until several days into the mass release. I've been verbal on Twitter about my hatred for the auto wipers, so perhaps that helped me this time around :cool: Either that, or being in rainy Western WA might be a factor to help kickstart the Deep Rain network.

Last edited:
I got the push notification from the app around 8:30PM Pacific Time, accepted it, but after the two minute timer, nothing seemed to happen. Now it's stuck showing me that the update is scheduled for 8:35PM and I can neither cancel it nor install it. When I try to install it, it says "no software update available".

Either something broke, or they intentionally and ungracefully pulled the update for some reason, borking the app UI.

I love this ecosystem. 15 minutes ago I get a ping from Teslafi that a new software version was detected and there was release notes already posted here. Happy nerd will now fix another drink & sit in the car for a bit pressing check for update 5 times. (debunked, does nothing but make me laugh).

But all the cool YouTubers said it would work. “Pro Tip!!”

Looking forward to this update. Curious to see how good the new auto wipers work. Also, I think the more confident auto lane changes could be a small prerequisite for "automatic city driving" since assertive lane changes are often necessary in city driving.

I got a software update notification on my phone around 11:15 pm Eastern but didn’t notice it until this morning. Went into the app and the update is no longer there to install so it must have been pulled. I’m assuming the update was 2019.40.1.1. I was really looking forward to the new auto lane change behavior, especially with Thanksgiving Day traffic today, but I guess they pulled the update for a good reason.

The release notes are a bit confusing on this. Is this ONLY on NoA and Mad Max or are lane lanages initiated via the turn signal more aggressive as well? (Assuming one has Enhanced AP or FSD)

From the way it is written I’m assuming any auto lane change is more assertive/faster, regardless of NoA is active or not. Enabling Mad Max mode makes the lane changes even more aggressive.