Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1.1 170kW charging, Neural Net for Auto Wipers, Auto Lane Change quicker

Did you get 2019.40 or higher?

• Yes

Votes: 152 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 69.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But all the cool YouTubers said it would work. “Pro Tip!!”
Hahah I said the same thing. Some people just are totally oblivious to how things work. Anything for view lol.
Some of them and I mean some have made some good tips but that one was just ridiculous lol. Then everyone went out tapping away mad that it didn’t work. Hahah

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I got a software update notification on my phone around 11:15 pm Eastern but didn’t notice it until this morning. Went into the app and the update is no longer there to install so it must have been pulled. I’m assuming the update was 2019.40.1.1. I was really looking forward to the new auto lane change behavior, especially with Thanksgiving Day traffic today, but I guess they pulled the update for a good reason.

Same here!

And full stop

Attachments

• 2FA0FB41-50BE-4DA0-BC65-A1D56BF56C2A.png
    2FA0FB41-50BE-4DA0-BC65-A1D56BF56C2A.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 120
I got a software update notification on my phone around 11:15 pm Eastern but didn’t notice it until this morning. Went into the app and the update is no longer there to install so it must have been pulled. I’m assuming the update was 2019.40.1.1. I was really looking forward to the new auto lane change behavior, especially with Thanksgiving Day traffic today, but I guess they pulled the update for a good reason.
I sure hope not because 40.1.1 is what I got last night. I’m on a business trip today and return tomorrow and right now my car is parked in the garage. Should I “take one for the team” and test it out tomorrow?:eek:

Tesla said that the Early Access Program is no longer in existence.

No, one random tesla support rep told you that.

Meanwhile others actually in the program obviously continue to exist (as evidenced by the 40 release notes having leaked a while ago from someone in the program you keep insisting doesn't exist because one clueless rep said so)

I doubt this was a test run on a limited number of cars. They would have pre-selected the cars rather than send out abortive updates to numerous people. My app is stuck in a state where it continuously tells me an updated is available, but when I click "Install" it says there's no updated available. And I can't cancel it, either.

I'm pretty sure this was not a planned thing.

Dammit, I launched it without checking here because it is POURING here in SoCal and I was eager to try the wipers (since the wipers might be one of the things that annoy me most on my M3 so far). I hope there's not a serious reason that they pulled it!

I'm downloading now.. M3. Was surprised to see it after the chatter... but watching on phone it said 10 percent installed.. then it switched to -25 min. Went to car.. looks about 1/3 done, and in small print it said 'updating autopilot'. I haven't seen that level of detail in an update before.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker