Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1.1 170kW charging, Neural Net for Auto Wipers, Auto Lane Change quicker

Did you get 2019.40 or higher?

• Yes

Votes: 152 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 69.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep! Mine is installing now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191128-163753.jpg
    Screenshot_20191128-163753.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 82
I'm downloading now.. M3. Was surprised to see it after the chatter... but watching on phone it said 10 percent installed.. then it switched to -25 min. Went to car.. looks about 1/3 done, and in small print it said 'updating autopilot'. I haven't seen that level of detail in an update before.
Mines in the same place... it’s been installing for almost 30 minutes now. The radio still plays in the background.

EDIT: and as soon as I hit post it completes!

is the 32 in your software versions correct? This is an honest question and not meant as an insult. I was on 2019.36.2.1 and in the middle of Thanksgiving Dinner got an update to 2019.36.2.3

I've no idea what came in the 2019.36.2.3 update because the Release Notes were the same as for the previous update -- 2019.36.2.1:-(

If the flood gates open tomorrow and everybody starts getting this version, I'll eat my words
munch munch munch Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Oddly enough I got an update notification while sitting with the family at our thanksgiving meal - so of course I updated. Unfortunately I only got 36.2.3, not this one. It is kind of odd that tesla is pushing out 2 different versions at the same time. I usually get the new stuff right away.

When they mention more assertive automatic lane changes it is a major difference. There’s little to no hesitation now on lane changes (most notable on user-initiated lane changes with the turn signal stalk). Great improvement here!
I agree! Very noticeable and MUCH improved!! It pretty much starts moving to the next lane right away (as long as there is space).

Reactions: pilotSteve
Still no range increase? Ive been waiting for this update since they talked about it during Q3 call.

I don't think they said anything about a range increase for existing cars. But they have upped the reported range for new cars. (Other than the performance variant.)

You should get slightly more range if you use the "hold" mode at least in stop and go driving/traffic. It won't make any difference on the highway.

I don't think they said anything about a range increase for existing cars. But they have upped the reported range for new cars. (Other than the performance variant.)

You should get slightly more range if you use the "hold" mode at least in stop and go driving/traffic. It won't make any difference on the highway.
I too was expecting this release to get my rated range up to 322, from 310.

Wow, the auto lane change assertiveness is incredible with this update. I installed it while at my parents house for Thanksgiving so I got to see it in action with the holiday traffic on the Garden State Parkway. No more hesitation or slowness with lane changes. For both NoA and manually initiated auto lane changes my car started changing lanes immediately and performed the lane change much much faster than ever before. I set NoA to Mad Max before driving home and on that mode it certainly is quite aggressive with the lane changes. In the past I would sometimes turn off NoA because it wasn’t handling lane changes well with heavy traffic or when the speed difference between lanes was significant. I think the days of me turning off NoA are gone thanks to these faster and more confident lane changes. I had an hour drive home just now and did not have a single aborted lane change. I’m extremely impressed and pleased with this update so far.

Some other notes:
- Spotify is still listed as “Spötify” in the audio source selection menu for some odd reason.
- I think the passenger air bag warning is constant on the screen now at the very top right. If this isn’t new with this release then I guess I haven’t seen it before.