Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1.1 170kW charging, Neural Net for Auto Wipers, Auto Lane Change quicker

Did you get 2019.40 or higher?

• Yes

Votes: 152 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 69.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after 2 days with 2019.40.2.1 on LR RWD, HW 3.0.... AP only, no FSD. the autopilot is ping pongy now. When the lines are narrow on the freeways, it feels ok... There is slight ping pong Butbut highly noticeable.... As the lanes widen when I get to newer portions of freeway...then it starts to ping pong between the lines. Very annoying and feels not that safe if there were passengers in the car.

I drive the same 35 mile rate almost each day to work and I use AP on approx 80% of the route.

Experiencing the the same exact thing. Car seems the sway side to side within the lane. Very annoying.

Experiencing the the same exact thing. Car seems the sway side to side within the lane. Very annoying.

Great I'm glad someone else feels the same about the AP ping pong swaying nda it's just not that my body is miscalibrated!

AP has gotten better and worse with various iterations but usually gets ironed out. Hope there's an update in a week or so.

Also... The auto lane speed difference detect is annoying. It doesn't anticipate soon enough and the speed change is abrupt. Today it kicked abruptly very late for a single slow car. Yesterday it kicked in very abruptly for a solid line of slow cars. I can see the slow down far in advance but the car does nothing until the last split second.

Not exactly the same. SR/SR+ don't even get a free trial of Premium connectivity. (For sales starting 1/1/20, prior to that SR/SR+ owners get a 30-day trial.) So by buying a LR Model 3 with premium interior you get 1 year of free connectivity. A $120 value that SR/SR+ owners don't get.

Wait!!! What?

I have the LR/RWD from July '18. Do I have to now pay $10/month for premium connectivity?

Edit: Ok, I found this

I ordered before June 30th (assuming this means the non-refundable deposit to secure the car after the initial $1000 deposit) ... so I should be ok.

Last edited:
I had my first experience of needing wipers on 40.1 last night. Yes, there is a clear change in behaviour, but my god, it is still *sugar*. A little bit of snow, lets go to 11, same amount of snow, different lighting, not worried, might wipe every 30 seconds. Tesla has a hammer so every problem is a nail, meanwhile, the $10 Bosch sensor on my e-Golf works flawlessly. FFS Tesla stop trying to solve problems of your own making.

Have to agree with Can37 on the wipers thing. Got 40.2.1 last night, which the release notes stated further wipers improvements. Auto wipers my a*se. Just as flaky as before. As stated, why are they making things so complicated with the wipers. The auto feature on the other halfs Golf are spot on.

Also, it set my high beam to auto managed. I didn't realise until I tried to switch to high beam and it wouldn't let me, but it wouldn't turn them on by itself on a dark road. When I got home I turned that feature firmly off.

• Informative
Reactions: Can37
After seeing videos of folks charging their M3 at a V2 superchargers with high rate of charge.. i've never been able to get over 100kwh. I precondition before arriving.. promptly plug in and last evening at 10 with nobody beside me -- 56kwh is the fastest i got. I sat there for over 30 mins. I arrived with ~50 miles on the battery pack. Regardless how much charge I have arriving at the SCharger.. I've never hit those faster charging speeds. I wonder why? Fountain Valley, CA Schargers are rated 150. I get so confused by this.

After seeing videos of folks charging their M3 at a V2 superchargers with high rate of charge.. i've never been able to get over 100kwh. I precondition before arriving.. promptly plug in and last evening at 10 with nobody beside me -- 56kwh is the fastest i got. I sat there for over 30 mins. I arrived with ~50 miles on the battery pack. Regardless how much charge I have arriving at the SCharger.. I've never hit those faster charging speeds. I wonder why? Fountain Valley, CA Schargers are rated 150. I get so confused by this.

Same here, used a 120kw charger yesterday, shared with a Model S so I was expecting 60kw as I preconditioned and was around 23% SOC, 44kw was the best it managed :(

do you guys even switch stalls? This usually fixes most charging issues.

Yes actually i've done that too.. annoying as it is to do.. but i've never been able to charge "fast". Yes, its faster than L2 chargers by every sense of the word but all this yay yay about unlocking faster charging seems stupid if we can't actually charge that fast. I really don't understand it.. I'd rather NOT sit at the busy super chargers for 30-40 mins if i don't have to. * Disclaimer - I'm an apartment dweller and have no other means to charge or i'd do it at home very happily.

Have to agree with Can37 on the wipers thing. Got 40.2.1 last night, which the release notes stated further wipers improvements. Auto wipers my a*se. Just as flaky as before. As stated, why are they making things so complicated with the wipers. The auto feature on the other halfs Golf are spot on.

Also, it set my high beam to auto managed. I didn't realise until I tried to switch to high beam and it wouldn't let me, but it wouldn't turn them on by itself on a dark road. When I got home I turned that feature firmly off.

SAME!!! I can't get my high beems to work unless I hold onto the stalk manually the entire time it's needed. I can't seem to figure out how to make them stay on when i want them on.

SAME!!! I can't get my high beems to work unless I hold onto the stalk manually the entire time it's needed. I can't seem to figure out how to make them stay on when i want them on.
upload_2019-12-18_10-49-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-18_10-48-18.png
    upload_2019-12-18_10-48-18.png
    66 KB · Views: 62