Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master threads for software versions?

Should there be a master thread for each major software release?

• Yeah, sounds like a good idea

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No, I like having to read through 8 different threads about the same software version

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Eh, I don’t really care

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Does anyone else think it would be useful to have a master thread for each major software version release? This is how it’s done in the Tesla subreddit and I think it’s a good idea. The thread could be stickied while the software is in active deployment and replaced with a thread on the next major version when that is released. So for example there could be a thread for “Model 3 Software 2018.24.x” which would cover all of the subversions of 2018.24. Once 2018.26 sees deployment to Model 3’s it could then replace the 2018.24 thread and so on. It would help everyone keep track of new features, bug fixes, new bugs and the overall deployment of that particular version. What do you all think?

Does anyone else think it would be useful to have a master thread for each major software version release? This is how it’s done in the Tesla subreddit and I think it’s a good idea. The thread could be stickied while the software is in active deployment and replaced with a thread on the next major version when that is released. So for example there could be a thread for “Model 3 Software 2018.24.x” which would cover all of the subversions of 2018.24. Once 2018.26 sees deployment to Model 3’s it could then replace the 2018.24 thread and so on. It would help everyone keep track of new features, bug fixes, new bugs and the overall deployment of that particular version. What do you all think?

I completely agree with you. For now I bounce over to reddit when I have version related questions. Those should all be sticky posts somewhere for each version, with the top message in each detailing the changes.

In Model S, we’ve had major release threads. It seems reasonable to do the same here. Should require minor moderation (!!) if it is done properly.

We always titled them “Firmware X.X” and should do the same here. If someone starts a new thread on the same release, report it and moderation staff will merge it.

Reactions: PoitNarf
How about a sub-forum just for software versions? Then each major release thread could remain sticky, with random discussions below (or, alternatively, only allow a single thread for each major release and remove the ability for anyone but moderators to make new threads; not sure what capabilities you have).