Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master Wheel and Tire Sticky?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a M3P on order and settled on Apex 19x9 et34 with Michelin PS4S 245/40r19. Still waiting on my M3P to be delivered. I hope it all fits.

Can we not have a Wheel and Tire Sticky? There is a tread somewhere on here but it’s not organized at all. I read thru almost 300 pages. Needs to be organized by Wheel size. It gets really annoying when someone post “here’s mine”, then you have to read like 10 other posts while people interrogate them for the specs.

The post should organized by wheel diameter and be formatted:

Pictures

Wheel brand
Wheel Model
Diameter
Width
Offset

Tire Brand
Tire Model
Tire Size

Other: Spacers used or not and specs.
Rubs or not etc.

Am I missing something???

Reactions: Hayden and Bennny
I have a M3P on order and settled on Apex 19x9 et34 with Michelin PS4S 245/40r19. Still waiting on my M3P to be delivered. I hope it all fits.

Can we not have a Wheel and Tire Sticky? There is a tread somewhere on here but it’s not organized at all. I read thru almost 300 pages. Needs to be organized by Wheel size. It gets really annoying when someone post “here’s mine”, then you have to read like 10 other posts while people interrogate them for the specs.

The post should organized by wheel diameter and be formatted:

Pictures

Wheel brand
Wheel Model
Diameter
Width
Offset

Tire Brand
Tire Model
Tire Size

Other: Spacers used or not and specs.
Rubs or not etc.

Am I missing something???
Oh. And I guess performance or not is important since the brake rotors are different.

I certainly am not doing all that work, and no matter what you do, people are going to post what they post (and generally dont follow any rules like that. We also would not be enforcing any posting rules like that.

At least twice a day someone asks "what wheels / tires for my model 3?" and most dont bother to read any other threads. Feel free to try to organize this type of thread yourself though if you are into that. If it ends up being useful I will sticky it.

• Funny
Reactions: drpheta and oreobbq
I certainly am not doing all that work, and no matter what you do, people are going to post what they post (and generally dont follow any rules like that. We also would not be enforcing any posting rules like that.

At least twice a day someone asks "what wheels / tires for my model 3?" and most dont bother to read any other threads. Feel free to try to organize this type of thread yourself though if you are into that. If it ends up being useful I will sticky it.
Ha! Ok well I’m not a moderator and don’t have time to be. I’ve been a member or other vehicle forums that have a more organized setup, with most doing their own wrenching. Tesla groups are a different animal, so I’ll have to get used to that.

At a minimum, there is a huge 300ish page wheel and tire post that could be a sticky.

I’ve already figured out what I want in tires and wheels, so the juice is not worth the squeeze for me at this point.

Ha! Ok well I’m not a moderator and don’t have time to be. I’ve been a member or other vehicle forums that have a more organized setup, with most doing their own wrenching. Tesla groups are a different animal, so I’ll have to get used to that.

At a minimum, there is a huge 300ish page wheel and tire post that could be a sticky.

I’ve already figured out what I want in tires and wheels, so the juice is not worth the squeeze for me at this point.

It was a sticky, previously actually, but since no one would post in it and always posted their own thread on "what tires for my model 3" at least 3 times a day, every day, 365 days a year, I moved posts into the sticky thread to try to keep it in one place.

Thats why it reads the way it does. Its disjointed because its a bunch of separate discussion that were put together in an attempt to keep all those multiple (did I say multiple times a day) posts in one place. The point was not to read it, but perhaps use the search tools to search that particular thread for answers to specific questions.

A few long time members (ones who used to actually answer a lot of these wheel and tire questions) asked me to stop putting them all in one thread. Because they were members who used to answer those questions, I decided to do what they asked and stop moving the daily (did I say daily?) questions on wheel and tire into the thread.

So, we had a sticky thread and the first page flooded with "what tires should I get?" threads, at the same time. I unstickied the thread because people were still not posting in it, or looking in it, choosing to post (did I say daily?) questions about "what tires and wheels for my model 3?".

So, I left all those threads alone and they "are what they are" and I dont move or otherwise manage them.

Thats "the story" on why that long thread isnt stickied, why the various daily posts are not consolidated, etc.

Reactions: drpheta and tm1v2
Are their any work benefits? Parking spot, corner office, or free gas card perhaps😂

Benefits include seeing sick wheel/tire setups from other members, your own personal satisfaction from organizing stuff, and an empty bottle of Tesla tequila. We'll throw in free parking in the cybertruck section since not much is happening there yet.

It was a sticky, previously actually, but since no one would post in it and always posted their own thread on "what tires for my model 3" at least 3 times a day, every day, 365 days a year, I moved posts into the sticky thread to try to keep it in one place.

Thats why it reads the way it does. Its disjointed because its a bunch of separate discussion that were put together in an attempt to keep all those multiple (did I say multiple times a day) posts in one place. The point was not to read it, but perhaps use the search tools to search that particular thread for answers to specific questions.

A few long time members (ones who used to actually answer a lot of these wheel and tire questions) asked me to stop putting them all in one thread. Because they were members who used to answer those questions, I decided to do what they asked and stop moving the daily (did I say daily?) questions on wheel and tire into the thread.

So, we had a sticky thread and the first page flooded with "what tires should I get?" threads, at the same time. I unstickied the thread because people were still not posting in it, or looking in it, choosing to post (did I say daily?) questions about "what tires and wheels for my model 3?".

So, I left all those threads alone and they "are what they are" and I dont move or otherwise manage them.

Thats "the story" on why that long thread isnt stickied, why the various daily posts are not consolidated, etc.
Ok. I understand. Thanks.

Benefits include seeing sick wheel/tire setups from other members, your own personal satisfaction from organizing stuff, and an empty bottle of Tesla tequila. We'll throw in free parking in the cybertruck section since not much is happening there yet.
I’ll think about it. 🤣. My M3P is a placeholder until my Cybertruck arrives in 2-8 years.

I'll do it, as I'm looking for wheels for mine and want to make an informed decision.

You will not be able to edit the first post, so it wont work that way (TMC does not allow editing after a certain time, and if you are the thread starter its like 5 minutes.).

You also can not call a thread a sticky if it isnt one, and I am not going to sticky one of these unless it actually has a bunch of information that is consolidated, etc.

I merged it into the existing ask for this thread because the same thing applies. If you want to put together a chart / spreadsheet etc with a ton of consolidated information, I will definitely consider making it a sticky. You will not be able to edit posts in it though.