Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Masters in Tidal App in Tesla Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
I have a question regarding the Tidal app in my 2022 Y. I have a hifi plus subscription to Tidal where I listen and store all of my music. The hifi plus subscription allows me access to Master recordings which really sound amazing. I have access to these master recordings on my iPhone, iPad and laptop. However when I log into my account on the Tidal app in my Tesla I do NOT see any Master recordings anywhere even in my downloaded music the majority of which is masters. It appears that Masters are not offered on the Tesla Tidal app eventhough I have them on all of my devices. Is there anyone who knows the reason for this? I really want to play master recordings using the Tesla app but not being able to is extremely frustrating. Perhaps I’m missing something here. If anyone knows how to access master recordings on the Tesla Tidal app, please respond. Thanks you

@Jaydentaylor has that problem cleared up for you? I can stream any albums saved to my account, though of course on the Tesla app Masters are not labeled as Masters and when I play them they come in at HiFi bit rates (up to 1400 kbps CD quality). I've no idea if that means Tidal is replacing them with HiFi files or reducing the quality, but all titles are there and they all play.

Upvote 0