TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mat for center console area?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tliving, May 5, 2014.

1. tliving

tliving Member

Anyone found someone making a mat for the center console area? Not the $650 yacht floor thing, but something like an all weather mat but for the console area. Its the only carpet remaining in my Model S. Carpet (and kids) drives me crazy.

2. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Check this one out: Made by Cocomats.

2013-06-20 18.28.43.jpg

3. GDH

GDH Banned

FANCY! ^ ^ ^

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

That is cool. Is that logo embroidered? Can't tell if embroidery or carpeting with the noise in the image.

5. youlikeadajuice

I bought some of this rubber drawer liner and wrapped the existing carpet with it. It keeps my stuff from sliding around (everything slid on the stock carpet during acceleration and turns) and I think it actually looks good...kinda sporty. I'll try to remember to post a picture later.

Amazon.com - Grip It Shelf and Drawer Liner Black - Cabinet Lining

6. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Isn't the center space carpet held down with velcro or double sided tape? Don't know the cost from the service center but it can't be more that $80--I would have said $10 if it was anyone but Tesla :) Why not just replace it if there's an accident?

EDIT: Unless you want the grip, of course.