Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mat recommendations for 5-seater cargo area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone bought a rear cargo area mat they like for the 5-seater Model X? As I see it there are 4 options:

1 - Separate mats for the front and back half of the cargo space, so you can access that forward bay too
2 - A flat mat that covers both bays but can be rolled up to access the forward one
3 - A half-size WeatherTech style mat with raised edges, but only covering the rear half of the cargo area
4 - A full-size WeatherTech style mat and just don't worry about access to the forward bay

I'm thinking #2 but my wife likes those WeatherTech mats. No matter what we go with, it will be an expensive decision so I'd like to get it right the first time!

I purchased the Tesla brand rear mat for my 5 seater. And the Tesla brand mats for the front and back seats too. The rear mat is very lightweight, yet reasonably stout, so fairly easy to lift out of the way to access the rear half cargo space. Not so convenient to access the forward cargo storage space in the trunk but we just resolved to only store more 'permanent' stuff in there like the tire repair kit / compressor. I do like the Tesla rear mat (and the other Tesla mats too) and think the design is quite a good tradeoff in all areas, works particularly well for me to store all my (dirty) tools and equipment when working a job, yet not trash the floors on the Model X.