Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matched to a car…I have questions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

A few hours ago, I refreshed my account and now have a VIN (230xxx) for my MYP that I ordered on 6/20. I had selected factory delivery down in Fremont.

I just swung by my local Tesla dealership and they said the car is being shipped from Alabama and that I was matched to an existing inventory vehicle.

My question is, why would a car have been shipped all the way to Alabama only to be shipped back to California? Could it be a refused delivery? I’d be skeptical if it has more than a handful of miles on it, but is there anything else I should be considering?

Also, the current delivery window is 7/23-7/28. I head out of town on the evening of the 28th and will not be back for 5 days. According to the SA at the dealership, the vehicle has not yet been shipped, so I think the 28th or beyond is more realistic. If I can’t make the delivery, I understand the vehicle get moved along. However, what can I expect with regards to another delivery?

Thanks y’all!

Was able to talk with my SA today (not just a random SA) and he confirmed the vehicle is indeed in Alabama and awaiting transport. Good news is the car has 3mi on it, so it doesn’t sound like it was driven by an interim or rejecting owner.

We’ll see what she looks like when she arrives back here in CA in a week or so!