Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matching Octopus Agile costs with charging sessions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone aware of an app or website that matches the cost of a charging session using Octopus Agile rates? The APIs for both Agile & Tesla charging are available, so I'm hoping someone has done it, somewhere...

I can export my charge data from TeslaFi & match it with Agile data in Excel, but it's a lot of manual effort each time the car charges. It was handy to know the actual cost of charges when I was on GoFaster, as it's easy to set fixed rate schedules in the multitude of apps available. But with the Agile rate changing every half hour, I can't find any app that's automated it.

To answer the potential "why Agile?" questions before they come up; Agile is cheaper for me as I do relatively few miles & work from home. All the other tariffs are too high during the day at the moment.

Is anyone aware of an app or website that matches the cost of a charging session using Octopus Agile rates? The APIs for both Agile & Tesla charging are available, so I'm hoping someone has done it, somewhere...

I can export my charge data from TeslaFi & match it with Agile data in Excel, but it's a lot of manual effort each time the car charges. It was handy to know the actual cost of charges when I was on GoFaster, as it's easy to set fixed rate schedules in the multitude of apps available. But with the W

To answer the potential "why Agile?" questions before they come up; Agile is cheaper for me as I do relatively few miles & work from home. All the other tariffs are too high during the day at the moment.
Bumping this, I also work from home and Agile is so much cheaper especially as I use electric to heat my home office.

Anyone cracked this? Was considering doing it myself but why bother if it exists already.

I never did find a proper solution & have switched to Tracker now as it's far cheaper for me with my usage pattern. I'd suggest looking at Tracker unless you can offset the majority of your appliance usage to off peak hours, as well as car charging.

I believe Home Assistant would be able to do the charge timing for Agile, but I haven't delved deep enough into it to figure it out yet. I just started playing with HA this week. I did start writing a Linux bot with my daughter that could retrieve the timing data from the Octopus API then start & stop the car charging accordingly but it was very clunky. I may take that back up if Agile or another variable tariff makes sense to switch back to in the future.