Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matching Wood Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mr Brock,

Definitely interested in getting more information about the PVC Vinyl you found or buying a set if you still have the material available. My MY is expected to be delivered in Aug/Sept time frame and I'm definitely going wood grain on the center console.

I was looking at the Telsa Bros and RPMTesla versions and was shocked at the premium they are wanting over other wraps.

==
Michael

Sorry for the late reply. I do still have extra material and could cut it as I have it and mail it. Would need to get a cost for mailing. Let me know if you are still interested.

Just installed the same ones butnutt got [https://www.amazon.com/ROCCS-Console-Protector-Decoration-Upgraded/dp/B0832Y7GG1/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=roccs+tesla+console&qid=1599179845&sr=8-4]. The cup holder section was by the far the hardest to install. The fit in general isn't the most accurate, but it works. The ones that RPM have are probably the best ones (not a wrap, but more of a cover and has actual wood grain texture), but I'm not about to spend $229 plus tax for them.

IMG_5911.jpg

When extra cycles present themselves, I'm hoping to take the opposite approach and bounce the wood look entirely. It looks REALLY out of place compared to the rest of the interior and seems odd to include in such a modern design. I'll likely go with matte black or carbon fiber instead.

Best,

I have been looking for a center console wrap that matches the strip on the dash and as I have a vinyl cutter I thought I'd try to find the matching vinyl/PVC to cut my own using the files provided by Kenriko on Github. Some of the better looking kits were in the $100 range and I didn't want to spend that.

Here is the PVC I ended up getting and it is a perfect match to me. It is thicker than vinyl with a great wood grain texture (almost more texture than the original dash panel).
71VVnLAcKYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I transferred the files into the Silhouette program and had it cut the first batch of pieces. I tried installing a couple times and realized they are designed to wrap around and be tucked under the ends and sides of most of the pieces. This would work well with the thinner stretchier vinyl most kits use but the PVC doesn't tuck or wrap as well. Back to the drawing board. I took some measurements and resized the pieces accordingly and think I ended up with an easy to install, great look. You will notice it doesn't completely wrap around the cup holders, down to the brushed silver, that again is due to the thickness. I am more than pleased with the results. What do you guys think? I have some extra vinyl so I could cut the rest and sell to anybody who is interested.

View media item 121272View media item 121273View media item 121274View media item 121275
Again, thanks to Kenriko for providing the files online.
This looks amazing! Have you tried printing it on ABS plastic?