Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix Headlights on LR Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposedly true but also according to this article will only be a temporary change...maybe into October production and then back to the non-matrix ones....but with Tesla who knows....

Just had my MY LR delivered on 8/10 and can confirm that it it has an upgraded interior and matrix lights.
Supposedly true but also according to this article will only be a temporary change...maybe into October production and then back to the non-matrix ones....but with Tesla who knows....

aded

Ah okay. It would be disappointing if it’s only a temporary change. But like you said, who knows with Tesla. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info.

There are a few people reporting delivery of this configuration, Its going to depend on your VIN from what I understand well at least production date

That’s pretty awesome for those that received them with Matrix headlights, especially if the change is only temporary. 👍

Ah okay. It would be disappointing if it’s only a temporary change. But like you said, who knows with Tesla. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info.

That’s pretty awesome for those that received them with Matrix headlights, especially if the change is only temporary. 👍
Thanks for the info.
Could you share what the first 3 or 4 numbers are in your VIN after the F (for Fremont)? Seems most reports show F516X or F517X are when the changes started to occur.
F519

Can someone describe how one tells whether the car has matrix headlights, or the "other kind"?

I have a newly delivered Model Y LR from Fremont, S/N ...F519xxx.

I'm not enough of a car geek to know. And moreover, other than they are cool and some humans want 'em, I haven't seen it articulated what advantages said "matrix headlights" would bring to a driver, driving at night.

Can someone describe how one tells whether the car has matrix headlights, or the "other kind"?

I'm not enough of a car geek to know. And moreover, other than they are cool and some humans want 'em, I haven't seen it articulated what advantages said "matrix headlights" would bring to a driver, driving at night.
Picked mine up on Aug 17. F510 - No Matrix lights :-(

I am curious too on this question. How to know if the car has matrix headlights? And also the advantages.
I have a Fremont VIN (F534*) and picked up my car last Thursday (1st Sept).

I am curious too on this question. How to know if the car has matrix headlights? And also the advantages.
I have a Fremont VIN (F534*) and picked up my car last Thursday (1st Sept).
Headlight comparison.jpg