Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix Headlights on LR Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFAIK, there is no difference between how the Matrix perform on MYLR or MYP.
There are no "matrix" features available on any Teslas...even in Europe where Matrix features have been allowed for a long time.

Tests show the matrix light to be a bit better than the non-matrix in certain metrics. But none of that is about matrix features. That should be the same on LR and P.

Here is the testing that shows the difference between the two lights (linked way back in this thread). Who knows if Tesla will ever enable actual matrix features in the future.
That’s comparing the projector to reflector lights. Many MYLR are now getting the same matrix protector headlights as MYP. I was asking where you got your “different software” information.

That’s comparing the projector to reflector lights. Many MYLR are now getting the same matrix protector headlights as MYP. I was asking where you got your “different software” information.
That was a different user you were asking. I agreed with you.

The test I linked shows the inherent differences between the two lights. But I don't believe there is any difference of how the Matrix perform on LR v P.

Does the matrix vs non-matrix actually make a difference in day-to-day use?

I understand the potential for matrix tech but are the non-matrix any inferior in terms of cutoff, brightness, etc? The IIHS site above looks like it scored both lights very well.
In tests, one scored "Good" and the other scored "Acceptable" - Matrix with much better lighting off to sides.

Reactions: WetzelPretzel
Is this fact or your opinion? Please post a link to your source of information.
this has been the information available up to this point. recall they were a temporary supply chain fix at the time.
however, today (as it happens) I had occasion to do a 'chat' with Tesla Fremont on the subject of matrix specifically.
that person says all MY have matrix headlights now, and fully supported in software.

I'm not able to further verify at this time, and while I find that info doubtful, it would be probable 'at some point'.
it's gonna happen; just when is unknown. and whether it's Fremont-only, or Fremont and Austin, or Austin-only......yeah.
more wishful thinkers may choose to believe the chat guy. YMMV

That was a different user you were asking. I agreed with you.

The test I linked shows the inherent differences between the two lights. But I don't believe there is any difference of how the Matrix perform on LR v P.
Yep, sorry ‘bout that. Meant for @tangible1. I’m still trying to figure out where they came up with the concept of different “software suites” for matrix vs. reflectors. Tesla can put out an update that enables adaptive lighting on matrix projectors, but the option will either be grayed out or non-existent on a model with reflector headlights.

texted the 510 number about my MY and asked if it had matrix. Even though it's coming from AUS but wishful side of me still want to ask... but he texted back and said.. "all 23 MY's come with matrix". I'm sure this is the wrong info but they really have no clue.

texted the 510 number about my MY and asked if it had matrix. Even though it's coming from AUS but wishful side of me still want to ask... but he texted back and said.. "all 23 MY's come with matrix". I'm sure this is the wrong info but they really have no clue.
my experience mirrored yours as well during a 'chat' session with Fremont the other day.
I'm doubtful; only the real world deliveries will actually tell us.
I think it will happen, but when, what factory, etc are all unknowns.
unfortunately there's a lot of wishful thinking going on here.