Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix Headlights on LR Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9/29/22 delivery F557, license frame, trim and matrix received. No cargo cover.

MYLR MSM/Blk | 20” | +tow | noFSD | OD 11/27/21 | EDD 7/22; 1/23; 9/22; 12/22; 1/23; 10/22; 9/22; 10/8 | Delivered 9/29/22

If/when the matrix headlights get new features, will Tesla enable them for the MYLRs that came with matrix, or will they enable the features only for MYPs?

I saw a Reddit post today that someone got a recent MYLR without matrix. It seems like they are going back to non-matrix...

Received MYLR F570xxx on Friday - seven seater white with matrix lights, trim and license plate. No cargo cover but that’s due to seven seats. Delivery guy said all other delivers have been from Austin even though I live in SoCal.

What’s special about matrix lights. Not trolling; I just don’t know why they are advantageous and people are so excited. My EDD is Nov 3- Dec 1, so seems unlikely I’ll be in the Goldilocks zone to get them before they go back to regular lights.

What’s special about matrix lights. Not trolling; I just don’t know why they are advantageous and people are so excited. My EDD is Nov 3- Dec 1, so seems unlikely I’ll be in the Goldilocks zone to get them before they go back to regular lights.
As far as I've seen, Matrix lights haven't been on the cars anymore for the past 2-3 weeks. I hadn't heard the rumour that 2023 will have Matrix going forward. Interesting that a F570 VIN had them. I'll take delivery of NF574 next week but I'm not expecting Matrix anymore.

At this point in time the Matrix lights give no real advantage as none of the potential features are enabled in N. America. It is just speculation that eventually Tesla will enable Matrix features. Who knows what they will be and when it will happen.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
As far as I've seen, Matrix lights haven't been on the cars anymore for the past 2-3 weeks. I hadn't heard the rumour that 2023 will have Matrix going forward. Interesting that a F570 VIN had them. I'll take delivery of NF574 next week but I'm not expecting Matrix anymore.

At this point in time the Matrix lights give no real advantage as none of the potential features are enabled in N. America. It is just speculation that eventually Tesla will enable Matrix features. Who knows what they will be and when it will happen.
I just saw that the Tesla.com page for the Model Y has the updated interior and shows Matrix headlights. Maybe all 2023 models have them? (I hope)
1666533078014.png

Attachments

• 1666533037149.png
    1666533037149.png
    377.3 KB · Views: 287
Reactions: ord3r
From my understanding, even in countries that allow adaptive headlights, the matrix headlights are still disabled. I’m curious if they’re getting rid of them to save costs until the US passes whatever guidance it needs to establish. I imagine they have to be more expensive than the regular headlights.

Last edited: