Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix headlights - when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see all the barriers to enabling all the active matrix headlight features have been lifted. I can't find anything on when all these fancy new features will be enabled. I assume they'll be enabled through software update but am I just not seeing it, or has it not been enabled yet? If not, any idea when?

Reactions: CheapBastid
that would make them like the big-3 American car companies:
Tesla is one of the three largest American car companies.
It is possible. They already have them programmed to spell "TESLA" on the wall when you do the lightshow. - You can do a lot of things with programming if the hardware is already there.
Programming party tricks is a lot easier than programming useful functionality such as keeping the high beams on except in the directions where they will be glare annoyances to others (is that bright light a car? motorcycle? bicycle? light in front of a house? what about pedestrians?).

Perhaps the less difficult task would be programming switching between left hand versus right hand traffic headlight beam patterns if one drives the car to a place that drives on the other side of the road (e.g. after taking your car on the ferry between the UK and France, or crossing between Hong Kong or Macau and the rest of the PRC.

Upvote 0