Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Matrix LED Headlights Retrofit Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Realistically it should just be a matter of hooking the headlights up and changing the gateway config. Same way they do the retrofits on the model 3, except the S needs the headlight connector itself changed. Wouldn’t be doable on pre refresh cars.
Correct. The hard part is getting the change made to the gateway config. Tesla won't do it and the techs I have talked to about it are afraid that config change is being watched and they don't want to lose their jobs over it.

Ordered the AlphaRex's today for my 2016 S, will let you know how long it takes, I got them from @TSportline but you can order direct from AlphaRex too. Weird that TSportline didnt ask if my S was a 2016... AlphaRex is claiming you need converters (a $95 option) on 2016+. I probably need to call them...

Ordered the AlphaRex's today for my 2016 S, will let you know how long it takes, I got them from @TSportline but you can order direct from AlphaRex too. Weird that TSportline didnt ask if my S was a 2016... AlphaRex is claiming you need converters (a $95 option) on 2016+. I probably need to call them...

Are these shipping yet ?

IMG_4667.jpeg

Awesome, I'll be paying attention. Good luck!

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Hello to all. OK so I have been in contact with original OP And he has helped me tremendously to say the least! Somebody to change the config on my car for this exact same thing. I bought the swivel screen mechanism, left body control module, matrix headlights, and harness adapter. I made somebody to get in and config those parts and I’d also like someone to change my caliper color to red interior carbon fiber decor instead of wood as I have since changed it. Anyone here can help me with the config? my car is a 2021 but the MCU has been updated and I have the ethernet port thanks!

Hello to all. OK so I have been in contact with original OP And he has helped me tremendously to say the least! Somebody to change the config on my car for this exact same thing. I bought the swivel screen mechanism, left body control module, matrix headlights, and harness adapter. I made somebody to get in and config those parts and I’d also like someone to change my caliper color to red interior carbon fiber decor instead of wood as I have since changed it. Anyone here can help me with the config? my car is a 2021 but the MCU has been updated and I have the ethernet port thanks!
Location?