Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Matrix LED Headlights Retrofit Journey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1655486229425.png

Shiny new headlights. Will be trying to solder up a sample board this weekend and get to programming.

I'm moving in two weeks so may be a while before an update again on getting this working, but still trying to do it!

View attachment 817776
Shiny new headlights. Will be trying to solder up a sample board this weekend and get to programming.

I'm moving in two weeks so may be a while before an update again on getting this working, but still trying to do it!
Apologies if this has already been answered. Are the physical connections the same as the old lights? If so, what happens when connected? I'm wondering if there is basic functionality when connected or if they just stay dark.

Were you ever able to get them working?

I just purchased a mid-2021 model S (new body style, but pre-matrix) from auction. Need to purchase both headlights regardless, but would love to get the matrix lights if available. From the looks of this thread it's not possible to get them working WITHOUT the PCB to convert the LIN commands right? A lot more than just converting the wiring.

If you have gotten them working, are u looking to possibly sell the adapters? I'd love to get a set.

Dude! Do it the right way. Throw out that cheap Samsung LED and buy a high resolution from TI. Can use it for movies :p
If you go for a Jetsons Nano. You have the power to use several nn. One for lighting up the road. One for lighting up signs. Etc etc. And it's all possible to download from Nvidia. They have lots of projects that's already done. I can find some links

So I recently reached out to a company (Ingenext) who were able to push plaid beyond 200 MPH thinking they must know more than a avg third party vendor modifying car.

Ask em to look into offering retrofit of matrix headlights as a service maybe.

They just got back to me.

View attachment 844947
I got the same response a few days back. I hope they get it done asap.

• Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0