Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix lights horizontal alignment and adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow MY oweners
Sorry if this was answered previously. I searched.

I am wondering these, namely flat cutoff, inability to adjust headlight beam pattern horizontally, they are aimed toward driver's side and for different amount (not parallel), are normal for matrix headlights. I am afraid the SC make it worse if these are not even an issue to begin with. The lights otherwise work well (after adjusting the vertical, which was too high from the factory).

Details below:
I am one of the lucky with MYLR to have the Matrix lights (projector style like MYP). As some of you know, for low beam, each light project a pattern that has a black spot near the "flat" cutoff (top of the beam pattern), most likely to indicate the center of the beam pattern of each light. This flat cutoff is different to the service manual which shows a cutoff pattern that is more like a step function like other projector lights.

In addition, my passenger light is aimed toward the driver's side a lot while the driver's side is aimed toward the same direction but less so. Aren't these beam patterns supposed to be in parallel, meaning the black dots should be kept the same distance as that between two projectors, and also straight, meaning the two black dots should be aimed well straight?

Tried adjusting but I could only adjust them vertically, the horizontal adjustment doesn't work for me.

Here is the official Model 3/Model Y service manual guide of how the Tesla Service would adjust your lights if they are off. Notice this manual says "Model 3 shown, Model Y similar". Good luck giving it a shot. Seems fairly straight forward.

Attachments

• Tesla MODEL 3 SERVICE MANUAL_ HEADLIGHTS - ADJUST - GLOBAL (WALL METHOD).pdf
    317.1 KB · Views: 582