Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matt says to charge for zero minutes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put in my destination and this has happened more than once but it says to charge for zero minutes at the supercharger. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

• F4C116CE-47C2-4C4A-AA21-9C8FED3705CD.jpeg
    F4C116CE-47C2-4C4A-AA21-9C8FED3705CD.jpeg
    708.1 KB · Views: 111
I put in my destination and this has happened more than once but it says to charge for zero minutes at the supercharger. Anyone else have this issue?

Just ignore Matt. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

The only times I’ve had it do it to me is when it originally thinks I need a stop, but due to traffic, my driving etc. it recalculated so that I don’t need to stop. But it doesn’t remove the SC stop. Is this doing it during trip or at the start?

There's definitely some glitches in the standard SC trip scheduling. Another issue sometimes is when there are two SCers along your intended route. At first it says to navigate to the 2nd SC. But then you drive fast or it's cold and the capability of reaching the 2nd SC starts getting compromised. It'll give you the warnings to slow down and eventually you can get into negative range territory. Just seems it has trouble flipping its recommendation and suggest a stop at the 1st SC. There's just sometimes where you need a human override.

• Helpful
Reactions: RealDeal
Hi InsanePath,

IF you are at a high usage SuperCharger - It may tell you that it has reset your battery % charge level to 80%
to get you out of there faster.
It also says change the setting if you need to...

If you will arrive at your destination with your battery charged to 61% you do not NEED to charge.

You have options: One is to REMOVE the superchargers from the trip in the display.

Two - If you are charging to maximum and it has no relation to the trip
in the navigation - CANCEL the trip and charge as you wish...

Good luck,

Shawn