Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matt_D's Model X Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, really? Well I'd love to see pictures of all of the Control screens, third row seats, second row seats, second row cupholders, dashboard. So basically all the things. I don't know how familiar you are with imgur.com but creating a free account and uploading a bunch of pictures there would be much easier than uploading images separately here.

The important part is that you love the car, if we get pictures that's just a bonus.

I'll upload some more, no problem, and post the link here.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard from another gentleman who received their X that you cannot close the front door and falcon wing door at the same time or else they will intersect and cause damage.

this is what their DS told them? Have you heard the same?

Seems to me like a software update to prevent that from happening should be easy to do.

My DS specifically said nothing about this, and we were opening and closing the doors like crazy during our delivery walkthrough. (Tesla was very patient with us both as we start playing with the doors on our car for several minutes!) I don't really see how the two would interact. The front door's hinge mechanism means it is in a fairly consistent arc; the FWD has some play and "seats" gently after closing. As far as I can tell, they engineered a bit of a tolerance into the mechanisms when finally securing shut where I'd be stunned if this was the case.

To that point: the touchscreen UI that appears in the X allows you to open/close doors and there's no restriction whatsoever there...

To be safe though, I will ask to verify.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW!! Thank you so very much for such a beautifully detailed and extensive report!! This made for splendid reading. My only question is: You're under an NDA? Are all of the sigs under an NDA? And what for? Isn't the car "released" now? So.... can you elaborate on what the NDA is all about....? I don't want you to get in trouble or violate the NDA, but that's the first I've heard of it (as a non-sig. reservation holder).

Thanks again!! :)

All factory tours are under NDA -- so folks shouldn't be posting what they hear/see/observe.

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful car, Matt! Congratulations on your delivery and a great review!

One request: Might you be able to measure how high off the ground is the driver seat when the air suspension is in a "normal setting" mode? I'm interested in doing a comparison to my existing ride (MB E350 sedan) before pulling the trigger and ordering. Thanks!

Yes, will do. One point of clarification, though: the "Standard" setting in the car is "Low." This differs from the Model S standard, which has the car in "normal" until adjusted. On the X, the "adjust speed" toggle for the height adjustment is set to be always low unless you change it. (So, to put another way, different standard default, and different default for the auto ride height adjust.)

Would you want the measurement in "Standard" or in "Low" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful car (I'm glad I went with Signature Red). Does the iPhone/Android support the Model X yet? I have not seen any pictures of the App with the X. If you have an iPhone or Android phone, could post photos, I'd greatly appreciate it. Enjoy your X!

Indeed it does. The app has been renamed "Tesla" and when you tap on "vehicles" you can select which of your Teslas you would like to manage. The app remembers the last car used.

One minor nit here is that you have a common login. For a family scenario that's not a problem in and of itself, but it does make notifications a bit confusing as the settings don't appear to persist properly. What we've done for now is enable the same notifications for both vehicles on our phones. When you get the push notification, it tells you for which car. It's a bit redundant but I imagine (hope?) at some point they will add "householding" to the MyTesla portal which would allow for distinct logins (and therefore, distinct notification) settings.

Indeed it does. The app has been renamed "Tesla" and when you tap on "vehicles" you can select which of your Teslas you would like to manage. The app remembers the last car used.

One minor nit here is that you have a common login. For a family scenario that's not a problem in and of itself, but it does make notifications a bit confusing as the settings don't appear to persist properly. What we've done for now is enable the same notifications for both vehicles on our phones. When you get the push notification, it tells you for which car. It's a bit redundant but I imagine (hope?) at some point they will add "householding" to the MyTesla portal which would allow for distinct logins (and therefore, distinct notification) settings.

Thanks for the response. We have three Model S' in our family and on the phone. So, I understand that functionality. Let me clarify my question: does the phone app allow you to open the falcon wing doors and the two front doors remotely? Are there any screen shots of your phone you're willing to share? I greatly appreciate it, Thanks :smile:

Thanks for the response. We have three Model S' in our family and on the phone. So, I understand that functionality. Let me clarify my question: does the phone app allow you to open the falcon wing doors and the two front doors remotely? Are there any screen shots of your phone you're willing to share? I greatly appreciate it, Thanks :smile:

Got it, sorry about that.

Short answer: there's no button in the UI. It may be possible to touch the doors on the screen to open, but my other half is driving it right now so I'd prefer to test once we're all at home later. :)

Will also share a screenshot as well.

This just makes me want to spend more money. My tentative plan was to maybe get MS next fall, then when M3 comes out, wife gets MS (I prefer small cars and she likes larger) but NOW I am thinking maybe I should shoot for ordering a MX next year and passing that on to her (she'd REALLY like a CUV instead of a sedan).

Unless of course MS gets a spec/design bump for mid cycle... I'd still prefer to drive a MS over an X if it gets updated.

This just makes me want to spend more money. My tentative plan was to maybe get MS next fall, then when M3 comes out, wife gets MS (I prefer small cars and she likes larger) but NOW I am thinking maybe I should shoot for ordering a MX next year and passing that on to her (she'd REALLY like a CUV instead of a sedan).

Unless of course MS gets a spec/design bump for mid cycle... I'd still prefer to drive a MS over an X if it gets updated.

It's the best Crossover in the world... possibly the best automobile. If you have the money, there are few better ways to spend it. Go for it. If not for the fact that it is simply amazing, then for the fat that it IS the safest vehicle in the world. That should be the first point for all of us - particularly those trying to convince their significant other that a vehicle is worth spending this much money. But that is just my opinion though.

Max, thanks for sharing the instructional videos. Very informative and they will help with everyone's delivery. There is too much to learn at the delivery/service center. Even Model S drivers will learn new ways to enjoy their vehicles.

One controversy on a Tesla Motors thread is occurring due to the missing AM on your touch screen. With FM and XM clearly shown, where might the AM be hiding?

No AM Radio for Model X? | Forums | Tesla Motors

Here is the shortcut to the video portion starting with the radio description: Tesla Model X settings demo part 3 - YouTube

Last edited:

She'd REALLY likes a CUV and you'll get her a sedan? C'mon, get her the X.