Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte Black Emblem Caps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i painted my tesla T emblems matte black and it came out ok. The front better then the rear. I took my car to get ceramic coated yesterday and got it back today. Came out beautiful but i noticed some of the edges on the rear tesla "T" emblem is showing chrome ... which im assuming may have been from the detailers polishing my car. No big deal but now that ive noticed it, its gonna bother me til i correct it.

I was originally going to find a already painted "T" badges and reapply it but then i come across RPM Teslas "Model Y plastic molded T caps" that suppose to go directly ontop of the "T" badge. Dont see any reviews on it but it may make things easier as i would avoid having to take it off, and reapply the new badge directly and hope the ceramic coating around the area is affected.

Anyone have it?

Reactions: CO_MY
I could not find blacked out badges for a fair price, so I purchased 3-M double sided emblem tape, used fishing line to remove the chrome emblems on the tail.

I painted the “T” matte black myself and reapplied in the same location. I purchased the matte black dual motor emblem from Abstract Ocean as that would be a PITA to paint and then realign all those letters.
8A95A60D-667C-4663-874E-61094536FD6D.jpeg
30C173F7-0E2C-4A0B-9CE5-D176DA3422E2.jpeg
DFD5930D-23C9-4D39-A81D-5A61A3DFE52E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Modulus1
I bought the kit a week ago that user Cares also mentioned:

See my photos below. It is hollow plastic, covers over the existing chrome emblem, and sticks on via double sided tape that is already positioned (so just remove the backing strip). I had considered painting the chrome emblem, wrapping it, or removing it entirely, but in the end I went with this plastic stick-on version. It has a matte finish to match the other trim on my October 2021 MYLR and I'm happy with the look. It is flush to the car with no gaps (the emblem for the trunk is indeed curved).

The front emblem and back emblem are indeed two pieces (the curved section and the bottom section) so it still maintains the gap between the two in the Tesla logo.

I applied the front emblem and the back emblem. The kit also included an emblem for the steering wheel but I didn't use it.

Up close you can tell that it is thick. But even a few feet away it looks fine, casts a nice shadow, and has some heft to it. So I'm happy with the look.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

See my photos below. It is hollow plastic, covers over the existing chrome emblem, and sticks on via double sided tape that is already positioned (so just remove the backing strip). I had considered painting the chrome emblem, wrapping it, or removing it entirely, but in the end I went with this plastic stick-on version. It has a matte finish to match the other trim on my October 2021 MYLR and I'm happy with the look. It is flush to the car with no gaps (the emblem for the trunk is indeed curved).

The front emblem and back emblem are indeed two pieces (the curved section and the bottom section) so it still maintains the gap between the two in the Tesla logo.

I applied the front emblem and the back emblem. The kit also included an emblem for the steering wheel but I didn't use it.

Up close you can tell that it is thick. But even a few feet away it looks fine, casts a nice shadow, and has some heft to it. So I'm happy with the look.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

View attachment 736138

View attachment 736139

View attachment 736140

View attachment 736141

View attachment 736142
Sold...just when I thought I was done buying accessories for a car I don't even have yet. lol

• Funny
Reactions: suprax
  • Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa

Scott

--

View attachment 736138

View attachment 736139

View attachment 736140

View attachment 736141

View attachment 736142

I’m considering this, do you think if i wanted to remove it that it would be easy to remove or will it take off my original emblem..

I’m considering this, do you think if i wanted to remove it that it would be easy to remove or will it take off my original emblem..

According to some videos, getting the original emblem off seems to require dental floss. These black plastic emblem covers are probably less sticky than the thick black OEM emblem tape so you "should" be able to remove these black plastic emblem covers without removing the original emblem. But I'm speculating at this point.

The only data point that I have is that I've gone through a brush/strip car wash a couple of times now and the black plastic emblems still look fine (no gaps). The key to getting them to stick well is to apply them when it is warm/sunny and don't wash them for several days to allow everything to set up well.

Scott

--

Reactions: suprax