Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte Black Model 3 with red calipers shown in new Tesla video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Based on this new video from Tesla showing a Model 3 with red brake calipers I am willing to bet that the Performance version of the Model 3 will be available with matte black paint. How difficult is that paint color and finish to keep clean? It looks pretty cool with the black aero wheels. I suspect the Performance version is coming sooner than some might think...

B42AB01B-698E-4335-9C12-4656233EB5B4.jpeg

It's possible, but the car in the video is definitely one of the Alpha cars. The door handles are the original prototype design to match the S.
Thanks to you and to @S’toon for pointing that out, I missed that.

Nevertheless, I think one of the messages of that new Tesla video is that the Performance Model 3 is coming soon (and within a day after that video was released Elon tweeted it was coming in June) and that it will be available in Matte Black paint. Elon did state a couple of years ago that Tesla would probably offer the 3 in Matte Black. I’m wondering if that paint would show dirt even more than a typical gloss black paint does.

Last edited: