Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte black paint thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@smartypnz
0X2xwBB.jpg

The boot (trunk) looks amazing, but I also really like that non-shiny kind of black paint... I'm set on metallic blue, but I wouldn't mind having that colour instead!

Has any one seen an actual MDL3 on the streets for testing etc.All the pictures posted seem to always be of the prototype at the introduction. I live in the northern climates and we typically will see manufactures and their new spy wrapped cars heading to be cold weather tested in the fridge parts of Canada and Alaska but so far No luck with the Teslas.

MS imo... looks best in Pearl White with Black accents and Black wheels. I think the M3 will look best in this color scheme as well.
That's EXACTLY what I'm going to do with my M≡. Unless the special reward for line-waiters is a limited-edition exterior color, I will get pearl white, have my factory wheels wrapped black and tint the windows. It will be so amazing, I can picture it.

I have never been fond of matte paint, since here in LA, you would only see that style on civics and 8 passengers vans. Driving a matte car (specially a civic) in a nice neighborhood, was like asking the police to stop you every block; because of this, matte cars around here were viewed as "cheap" for a lack of a better word. Now, the only matte cars I see are Tesla, and they are beautiful, the red badge accentuates the black body.

My top pick is still metallic blue, but matte black is growing on me; I just wish Tesla would offer metallic Onyx.