Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte Black Photoshops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I'd take a crack at photoshopping matte black onto the Model 3 with all black trim and windows. Shopping matte black is harder than I thought it would be!

KJmwe9u.jpg

I'm curious to see how many people go for this (assuming it actually becomes an option). Matte black will always look good on certain things but like carbon-fiber-wrapped-everything before it, I think it is a fad that is on the way out.

It makes sense on a mean muscle car or something like that but it doesn't fit the luxury/commuter vibe the 3 is going for at all, IMO.

I'm curious to see how many people go for this (assuming it actually becomes an option). Matte black will always look good on certain things but like carbon-fiber-wrapped-everything before it, I think it is a fad that is on the way out.

It makes sense on a mean muscle car or something like that but it doesn't fit the luxury/commuter vibe the 3 is going for at all, IMO.

Seen a few matte cars here during couple months, a Merc and a BMW. Wasn't impressed, if it's a fad (I do agree that it is) it's one that I don't understand at all.

Matte isn't that hard to care for. Just soap and water, no polish, no wax. I used to have matte black stripes on gloss black BMW - the stripes were the easiest part to keep clean and maintain (much less likely to scratch as well)
Interesting. Everything else on the ol' internets points to the exact opposite of what you're saying. Very hard to clean properly without damaging, much more susceptible to the elements, scratches, etc. All in all an absolute nightmare that isn't worth it.

I've seen a matte black Model S in my area, and I think it is an ugly color. I don't see the appeal of it.
I believe the matte black model saves time spray painting your car and potentially getting spray paint in your mullet. This leaves you free to fix that water heater on the front lawn or get your cousin-wife to film you jumping off the roof.