TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Maui Hawaii Wi-Fi availability

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Richard Maui, Aug 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Richard Maui

Richard Maui Member

My MS is parked in my condo lot too far from my unit to connect to wi-fi. I've noted that some updates need wi-fi (maps?) Does anyone know where I can park in Kihei (or anywhere else) that is close enough for a no-password wi-fi connection?

2. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Would it work if you went to a starbucks and used the in car browser to accept the terms and conditions on the login/splash page?

3. Richard Maui

Richard Maui Member

@gmtom1 I'll try it. If I can park right in front, it my pick up the wi-fi.

4. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Active Member

I'm not aware of any software updates that require wifi. but why not tether to your phone.

• Like x 1
  5. 5thumbs

5thumbs Member

Public library? Im at the Maui Banyon in Keihi but not sure if the wifi works in the lot. If you are close I can give you a password to try..

6. spleen

spleen Active Member

I think as someone else said that map updates require wifi. But like you said, could just tether to phone (but you might be waiting for a while)

7. Richard Maui

Richard Maui Member

@spleen Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean tether to my phone?

8. spleen

spleen Active Member

Most smartphones these days have the option to activate a hotspot function where your cell phone acts like a cellular network connection for your computer through Wifi (also known as tethering). You can use this to use your phone as a wifi hotspot for your Tesla as well to download map updates.